Need help with Shure SE530's
Dec 14, 2008 at 9:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

PittViper

New Head-Fier
Last night I fell asleep on my left side of my head and when I awoke, there was no sound out out of the left earpiece. So, I figured wax, and used the cleaner tool to clean it. The sound came back, but it is not nearly as loud as the right ear.

Could the wax be so far down in there that it is muffling the sound? How should I properly clean these. I love these earphones, and don't want to have to get rid of them. There has gotta be a way to get the sound back.

Let me know the best way to clean in ear phones. I am quite upset. Also, as a test track, I have been cleaning and listening to Paul McCartney Band On the Run, due to its good separation. Feel free to suggest another song for testing both ears.

Please help!!

Viper

Dec 14, 2008 at 9:23 PM Post #2 of 6
If you haven't thought of it yet, clean your own ears too.
wink.gif

Also, some have suggested snagging a thin piece of wire (perhaps from a hardware store) and fashioning your own cleaning tool if you need to reach deeper.

I'd suggest checking with a flashlight to see if there is any blockage farther down than the tool can reach.

Dec 14, 2008 at 9:27 PM Post #3 of 6
I had the same effect with my SE530 when a drop of water reached in the left side nozzle. It sounded muffled and had much lower volume on the left side for one day. On next day it was much better but not yet fully OK. At day three all was fine again. I've done nothing but waited for the the left side to come back. hope that helps. gl

Dec 14, 2008 at 9:38 PM Post #4 of 6
Taikero, thanks for the info.

I used a flashlight and looked into the nozzle with a bright flashlight. There was a big white ball in the nozzle. I scooped it out with the cleaning tool, and now all is ok.

Can that cleaning tool reach deep enough in the nozzle to damage the phones. You wouldn't think they would design it that way.

Well, thanks again.

Viper

Jan 7, 2009 at 3:36 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by zardos /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had the same effect with my SE530 when a drop of water reached in the left side nozzle. It sounded muffled and had much lower volume on the left side for one day. On next day it was much better but not yet fully OK. At day three all was fine again. I've done nothing but waited for the the left side to come back. hope that helps. gl

no word of a lie the exact same thing happened to me a few weeks ago... and it took a few days to go back to normal.. boy was I relieved!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back