Need help with paypal...
Dec 26, 2004 at 10:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

mega

500+ Head-Fier
Hi,

I want to buy a pair of HD-650's off ebay..but im having a problem.

I need to confirm my address on paypal, and during the payment process for the HD-650's, it tells me to enter my credit card info to confirm my address, but when i put it in, it tells me that i already registered that card already with paypal, and it won't let me advance. I don't get what's happening-they are asking me to confirm my address with my current card info..so it should work.

Do i need a different card to go through with this purchase, or to confirm my address? This is the only card i have.

Dec 26, 2004 at 10:50 PM Post #2 of 8
Is the address you’re trying to confirm exactly the same address that the credit card is billed to?

I think the confirmed address is the actual credit card billing address?

Mitch

Dec 26, 2004 at 11:47 PM Post #4 of 8
I'm trying to pay a member here right now on a sale and paypal is not making it easy. I was formerly able to transfer funds directly from my bank and those funds were available to the seller right away. Now they come up with this "e-check" garbage which forces the seller to wait 3-5 days for payment and delays a transaction that much longer. I don't remember seeing any type of notice of this policy change. Suddenly Paypal does'nt look so attractive anymore.

Dec 27, 2004 at 5:41 AM Post #5 of 8
My husband sells downloadable stuff via paypal, and yeah there have been weird changes. For instance, with the e-check business, it's confusing people and we're getting flames saying "paypal took the money out of my account, so where's my skin file??" And we have to explain that we're waiting for it to clear... we didn't take the money out of their account.

And now their format has changed also. It used to be that you could tell what a person paid for, but now we just see the amount and a link to the transaction id. We're just left to guess which skin they wanted from the amount paid.

My husband makes skins for some Pocketpc programs, in case you were wondering.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 27, 2004 at 2:29 PM Post #6 of 8
When did it change? Being a PayPal user it would have been nice to know about the change.

E-check bites. At this rate there's no real benefit to using PayPal. The only benefit was instant payment.

Mitch

Dec 27, 2004 at 2:50 PM Post #7 of 8
Sadly, there's still benefit for us in Europe for international payments. There's not many countries (roughly 11 or so) that accept those postal money orders, and mine's not among them, and we can't cash checks or regular money orders. Western Union and bank transfer costs and arm and a leg for those in the US. Yup, paypal is still the only option.
frown.gif

Dec 27, 2004 at 4:51 PM Post #8 of 8
That's the sad thing about Paypal, unless you're paying by credit card there's a 3 to 4 bussiness day wait before the money becomes available to the receiver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back