Need help with new gear.
Mar 13, 2012 at 4:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Sloghunt

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, new on the forum.

Yesterday I received a new pair of Beyerdynamic DT770 pro 80 ohm headphones. My initial impressions were that the headphones had good sound except for the bass which seemed like it was non-existent. I continued to listen to them for a few hours and I just couldn't grasp the fact that alot of people said that the bass was almost overpowering when I didn't hear a thing of that. So I tried my soundcard on my computer which is a Asus Xonar D2X/XDT and the bass didn't improve. Then I tried my surround amplifier and got the same, then I decided to try my fathers Pioneer A-91D and just wow. Now I understood what everybody talked about.

So now I need some help with choosing equipment.

I listen to music pretty much all the time so I want something that I can take with me without to much of a hassle.

Up to now I have been using my Samsung Galaxy S2 with my in-ear phones and that have worked out fine but now I don't know if my phone is gonna be able to give me what I want with just an external amp.

So now I'm asking you guys to help me out with my problem.

I don't have a big budget right now so I would prefer if you could recommend me something that would be affordable.

Thanks

/David

Mar 13, 2012 at 4:33 PM Post #3 of 5
Yes I'm aware of that, I have been searching alot and I haven't been able to come to a conclusion whether I should maybe get a better music player with some kind of dac/amp combo or if there is something worth buying for my Samsung to drive my headphones so they produce the sound I now know they are capable of.

Edit: Might have misunderstood what you tried to say, did you mean that this should have been posted in the amp section of the forum?

Mar 13, 2012 at 5:12 PM Post #4 of 5
Yes I'm aware of that, I have been searching alot and I haven't been able to come to a conclusion whether I should maybe get a better music player with some kind of dac/amp combo or if there is something worth buying for my Samsung to drive my headphones so they produce the sound I now know they are capable of.

Edit: Might have misunderstood what you tried to say, did you mean that this should have been posted in the amp section of the forum?

Yea, the people there would probably be able to help you more...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back