Need help with my search for IEM's to pair with the HifiMan hm-901
Dec 6, 2013 at 3:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Dimoroc

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

I'm new to this forum. I am soon to order Hifiman's hm-901 dap and I'm trying to find some suitable in-ear monitors for myself. Currently owning the Sennheiser IE 80 which I'm pretty much pleased with but now I want to take a little step up.

I'm very much interested in the Sennheiser IE 800 as I like the wide stage sound and all the other qualities my current pair has.

My taste in music is quite broad. Classical music, pop, rock etc.

Would the Sennheiser IE 800 pair well with the hm-901? I'm getting it with both the IEM and Balanced Amp.
Or would you recommand or prefer something else in the same price range? LIke Shure e846, re-600, JH Roxanne, SE5? Would like to hear pros, cons and personal preferrences. My budget is around 800 euro's.

I hope to hear from you. Thanks.

Dec 7, 2013 at 10:36 AM Post #3 of 7
Logitech has a nice selecton of IEMS.

Something like the UE 900, you could try a Custom IEM as well. There should be a good number of cIem manufactors in Europe. Also check lJokers IEM thread out 

Dec 7, 2013 at 9:41 PM Post #5 of 7
I really like my UM Miracles for pop and classical. The Tralucent 1plus2 also sounds good, not too much of a fan of the IE800 and another option to consider is the K3003.

Dec 8, 2013 at 9:09 AM Post #6 of 7
I really like my UM Miracles for pop and classical. The Tralucent 1plus2 also sounds good, not too much of a fan of the IE800 and another option to consider is the K3003.

Ohh yea good point the K3003

Also nice choice on the hm901

OH the Hifiman RE 400 and RE 600 might be a good choice! I found that Hifiman Players and Headphones work very nice together [go figure] 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back