Need help with my Mixer audio setup
Apr 30, 2015 at 1:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

imsartic

New Head-Fier
So my current audio setup is:

PC ---(optical cable)--->FiiO Taishan---(analog cable)--->Behringer Q802 USB---(1/4" to 3.5mm adapter)--->VModa Cable--->Fidelio X1/28

I am wondering how good this setup is in terms of audio quality, as opposed to better AMP/DAC combos out there. I stream gameplay on twitch using a second PC, so I use the mixer to get audio from my gaming PC to my streaming PC. The mixer allows me to hear what I am playing at the same time, something I couldn't do with a DAC/AMP combo.

I have come across a problem as well. When I turn up the volume, I notice a very high pitch noise. I was swapping out all of my wires trying to find the culprit and I couldn't figure it out. This leads me to believe that it is the FiiO, and that it just doesn't have enough power, so when I up the volume on the mixer, it causes the noise. If that is the case, I need to get a reasonably priced DAC that outputs LR Analog so I can plug them straight into my mixer. Any suggestions?

How about this for a better DAC/AMP combo? http://www.amazon.com/Audioengine-D1-24-bit-Digital-to-Analog-Converter/dp/B006IPH5H2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1430371565&sr=8-1&keywords=audioengine+d1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back