Need help with jack soldering with mic and volume control
Oct 19, 2013 at 4:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

basketkaze

New Head-Fier
Hello,

I have bought the Beats by Dre / UrBeats sometime ago now my earbud jack was broken as the right channel did not work anymore i tried doing research and  came across some video on youtube how to solder etc but thoose wire colors were different i tried soldering on a new jack my self 2 times but only got the left audio to work once i must be doing something wrong the cable is getting shorter and shorter as i keep trying :) i could use someones help.

I have some pictures taken to show if someone can identify the colours, sadly i cant post pictures directly in the tread yet so i have to post links.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/542/g7hh.jpg/

The first pictures is of the cable it has the Red , Green , Copper (wrapped around white plastic) , red twisted , green twisted   

As i understand it the Red is left and the Green is right the copper suppose to be ground i think but the twisted wires ?

Second link is a picture of the jack i bought i checked it with the multi meter and got the responses shown in the pic.
The text i wrote with it is how i saw it in the video on youtube i hope it is right.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/542/o477.jpg/

If anyone would point me in the right direction that would be awesome  i mean these arent high ends there only 99 dollar but still seems a waste to trow them away.

Note : i use a Iphone 5 i dont know if this is different then any others i dont think so.

Greetings,

Glenn

Apr 28, 2015 at 5:56 PM Post #2 of 2
Curious about this as well, trying to get the new jack on and not having any luck.

Edit:  OK got it.  The Green wire is the left channel, Red wire is the right channel.  The Green/Gold and Red/Gold wires are your ground wire.  And the White wire with gold strands around it is the mic/remote and it's shield.

Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back