need help with iriver 350
Apr 27, 2003 at 6:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

pumpkin77

100+ Head-Fier
okay I am a newbie, and I need help with some basic things.

Am I missing something? Some cds have id tags while some just display the track number, and yes I enabled tagging on the iriver.

My question is, is it me or do some cds simple don't give id tags on track songs. Also when I burn cds the player does not give the id tag info when I play it in the iriver.

I want to take advantage of this feature to see what is next and use the folders for playlist, but I am LOST! HELP, I am losing sleep, I downloaded id tag programs, winamp, etc. but am stuck

Apr 27, 2003 at 11:45 PM Post #2 of 3
I don't totally follow you on this one.
ID tags only follow the MP3 file. Look at the file in your computer and see what it says. Winamp seems to have a very easy id tag editor function. If I remember correctly. Use that to check the tags and see which version they are. The Iriver will read ID3v1 and ID3v2 tags. I am not sure which other ones.
I didn't think that an MP3 will play without the ID tag. But, I don't know that much about them.

Apr 28, 2003 at 12:46 AM Post #3 of 3
Some CDs have CD-TEXT on them..

some don't.

If you burn them with the tracks named and CD-TEXT enabled, it will show up.

Some store-bought audio CDs are recorded with CD-TEXT.. not all however.

Make sure you enable the CD-TEXT feature and name all your songs if you wish to see the title the next time you burn Audio CDs.

(Or just rip + lame encode them as mp3s.. on the 350 they'll sound pretty much the same)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back