Need help with IKEA part
Jan 26, 2008 at 5:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

Faust2D

Headphoneus Supremus
shanghai.ikea-parts-many.jpg

Maybe someone here know this. I need this round Ikea part in the picture. Where can I can get a replacement?

Jan 26, 2008 at 8:51 AM Post #3 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by uraflit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
go to ikea and ask them?

Yes. Thats what I was going to say as well.
I find it strange if IKEA don't have a spares of them to give out.

Jan 26, 2008 at 2:46 PM Post #4 of 19
As was said by the noble Fry; "Those sweedes sure know how to put almost everything you need in one box!"

Jan 27, 2008 at 3:13 AM Post #6 of 19
I wish I could help, I can only chime in and say that according to our friends, we haven't yet had the full Ikea experience because we haven't had to go back for missing parts.

I wonder if in the same situation, if my husband would try to use one of those keepers you use in cement, and then try to set the screw into that. And it would probably not work too well. It was his brother who was the carpenter.

Jan 27, 2008 at 4:29 AM Post #8 of 19
I work at IKEA.
smily_headphones1.gif

We don't sell spare parts online. Unless someone just happens to be selling them on eBay, heading back to the store is pretty much your only option.

I doubt the customer service option would work. They'd still have to get in touch with a store to actually get the parts and then it's in the store's hands to send them out to you. If you made enough of a stink about it, maybe.

Jan 27, 2008 at 4:36 AM Post #9 of 19
Giving employees empowerment with spare parts like that would really speed things up for everyone. I know the company doesn't see it that way, they hardly ever do.

Jan 27, 2008 at 7:52 AM Post #10 of 19
Is it normal to build an IKEA product and come with up an extra part(s)?
confused.gif
I remember constructing both my desks and coming up with spares...

Jan 27, 2008 at 8:33 AM Post #11 of 19
Those seem to be Minifix fittings. You should be able to locate them rather easily as long as you know the size of them. See here for one place that sells them, or Google for "furniture minifix fasterners."

Jan 27, 2008 at 7:25 PM Post #12 of 19
Most of the stuff we've gotten from Ikea lately, within the last year, has had missing parts, but it's never been expensive enough for it to matter, and it's been easy to improvise without the thing falling apart.

Jan 27, 2008 at 9:21 PM Post #13 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by vibin247 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is it normal to build an IKEA product and come with up an extra part(s)?
confused.gif
I remember constructing both my desks and coming up with spares...

The short answer is no
tongue.gif
I have built at least a dozen large Ikea desk/cabinet/storage units/several coffee tables/you name it; seldom will I have parts leftover and even then those parts are left out intentionally, i.e. decide to not implement certain features.

Jan 28, 2008 at 4:33 AM Post #14 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by chesebert /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The short answer is no
tongue.gif
I have built at least a dozen large Ikea desk/cabinet/storage units/several coffee tables/you name it; seldom will I have parts leftover and even then those parts are left out intentionally, i.e. decide to not implement certain features.

Yes, the Ikea improvising. We have to do it for nearly everything we've gotten from there in the past year. Sure you could go back, but after lugging the stuff inside, and often times getting halfway done, after getting the will to live sucked out of you at that place to begin with, the last thing you want to do is pack everything up and go back.

Jan 28, 2008 at 5:57 AM Post #15 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As was said by the noble Fry; "Those sweedes sure know how to put almost everything you need in one box!"

damn straight! i'm norwegian; **** the swedes
wink.gif
ikea = plague

word

Users who are viewing this thread

Back