Need help with I/O. Considering Asus Essence STX.
Jan 29, 2013 at 6:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

bzdsftw

New Head-Fier
Hi. I'm wanting to buy an Essence STX sound card. I currently have a pair of speakers (Swan m200 mk3) connected to my xonar dg at the back 3.5mm jack and have my headphones plugged into the 3.5 mm front port jack. I need to know, as I am upgrading to a pair of headphones that have a 6.3mm jack, if I can connect them to the back of the card's 6.3mm jack, as well as connect my speakers to the back of the card's 3.5 mm jack, and use the Audio Center to alternate between the two.

Jan 29, 2013 at 10:54 AM Post #2 of 4
Quote:
Hi. I'm wanting to buy an Essence STX sound card. I currently have a pair of speakers (Swan m200 mk3) connected to my xonar dg at the back 3.5mm jack and have my headphones plugged into the 3.5 mm front port jack. I need to know, as I am upgrading to a pair of headphones that have a 6.3mm jack, if I can connect them to the back of the card's 6.3mm jack, as well as connect my speakers to the back of the card's 3.5 mm jack, and use the Audio Center to alternate between the two.

On the Essence STX, you can connect the Swan M200 MK3 speakers to the RCA output on the Essence STX, so you would just need to get a female 3.5mm to RCA cable.
The Essence STX's back panel comes with a 1/4" headphone jack.

Jan 29, 2013 at 11:05 AM Post #3 of 4
yes but i would not have to plug one device out each time I want to use the other right? i could just leave them both in and use software to alternate between the two

Jan 29, 2013 at 2:35 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:
yes but i would not have to plug one device out each time I want to use the other right? i could just leave them both in and use software to alternate between the two

With the Xonar sound cards, you can leave everything plugged in, all you need to do is select which output to use, in the control panel.
It's the older creative sound cards that you had to unplug something to get something else to work (auto sensing).
But the newer Creative Labs Z cards do not have the auto sensing feature, you get to select thru the control panel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back