Need help with headphones...can you help?
Jan 1, 2010 at 3:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Shaggy-FOO

Head-Fier
So I'm trying to find the best headphones for my taste and have gone to stores to try, buy, return/sell many headphones. I have ATH-m50 right now, and find that while they are detailed and crisp for the most-part, the low-end tends to muddle the mids. This is after significant burn-in. So I went out to get some other headphones. I'm looking for slightly warmer sounding, but crisp detailed highs and more importantly full bodied/clean mids. Full-sized Closed cans that don't need an amp to sound good.

These are what I've tried so far:

Shure Srh840 - crisp mid/highs but lacking in bass. Amp needed to get full effect.
Sennheiser HD 650 - Amazing mids/highs and detailed bass, but lacking the punch in the lower ends
Ultrasone HFI 780 - bass is responsive and very deep, but muddles out the mids. Highs are fine, but mid suffers from too much bass.

I'm open to any brand, but just looking for headphones that are responsive all around but still provide the punch/omph of the bass without muddling the mids like so many cans out there. I hear good things about denon 2000, but I hear the bass distorts/recesses the mids. How are the ultrasone 750 pro in this area? I listen to all different kinds of music, from jazz, hip-hop, rock, electronic, classical. Help is much appreciated...budget is around max $350

Users who are viewing this thread

Back