need help with foobar here
Apr 1, 2009 at 6:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

nycrob515

Head-Fier
Hey, i posted this in the sound science section but got nothing and since some of you use foobar, i figured i would try here. here is my problem: I ripped a cd into foobar2000 and it was imported as a whole cd. in other words, it is one track 45 mins long. Is there any way i can divide it up into the individual tracks without re-ripping it. If the answer to that is no, how do i re-rip it the correct way. Im ok with using different software if thats what it calls for and someone mentioned multi-track splitting>options in foobar but my foobar doesnt have an options tab. any info would be great bc this is really annoying me for some time now. Thanks-rob

Apr 1, 2009 at 6:24 AM Post #2 of 7
Errrr? That's weird. I don't use foobar to rip my cd's though, so maybe it's normal behaviour
biggrin.gif

Try EAC. You set it up once, and then forget about it (much like foobar as a media player). The thing actually works. I've had some terribly scratched cd's, but when ripped width EAC most of the scratches were gone.

Apr 1, 2009 at 7:55 AM Post #3 of 7
try searching for the .cue file on the net. load it into foobar with the big ripped file and it should automatically divide them - i do it that way because using audacity was just too long >.>

Apr 1, 2009 at 1:47 PM Post #5 of 7
unless the CD already is one big track :p cant think of any CDs that does that, and i dont think foobar does that by default. Haha would like to know if there is an option to do that, make it one big file instead of tracks :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back