Need Help with finding leather earpads for HD 598.
Nov 3, 2013 at 1:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Psyca

New Head-Fier
Hello, a new member here.

I recently purchased my first audiophile headphones, the Sennheiser HD 598 and I am in love with it!

However, I have an issue with the velour ear cushions as it irritates my skin.  So much that I am even considering about returning the headphones.

I have been looking for leather or leatherette alternatives but I cannot find any. (mainly searched online and called Sennheiser)

Could you please let me know if there is a place where I can find the leather earpads for HD 598?

Thank you in advance.

Nov 4, 2013 at 8:05 PM Post #4 of 6

I have been looking for leather or leatherette alternatives but I cannot find any. (mainly searched online and called Sennheiser)

Could you please let me know if there is a place where I can find the leather earpads for HD 598?

Thank you in advance.

That is not possible, unless you're good at DIY. 

Nov 5, 2013 at 2:26 AM Post #5 of 6
I guess there are no replacement available.  Thank you guys for confirming.

Sadly, I might have to return these as they irritate my face too much :frowning2:

If I ever do find one I will post it here.

Dec 6, 2013 at 12:04 AM Post #6 of 6
I signed up to this site just to find an answer to the exact same question. I'm happy to know I'm not the only person with itchy face issues but sad to see there is no alternate ear pads available. I love my HD 598's but it looks like they are going back, darn my sensitive skin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back