Need help with e17 and ipod touch 5g!!
Jan 10, 2013 at 1:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

flashbackvision

New Head-Fier
Hi!

Im totally new to this forum, have been here only a week or so and reading many threads. Sorry for my english if i write something wrong :)

So i have planned to get d5000 headphones and e17 amp/dac and wanted to know witch is the best way to connect 5th gen touch and e17 to get best audio quality as possible. Because of the lighting connector it makes things a lot complicated to me.

I know that there are options like:

1) touch 5g + L8 lod (3.5mm to 3.5mm) + Fiio e17 (this should be the worst option, because it causes dual amping)
2) touch 5g + 35pin adapter + L1 lod + Fiio e17 (at first i thought that with this option i get digital audio but i was wrong, it's still analog but with better quality than the above)
3) touch 5g + 35pin adapter + ipad camera connection adapter (35pin to usb) + usb to mini usb + Fiio e17 (Don't know if this even work. Because e17 have only mini usb and not the normal one. And if it does.. does it provide digital audio connection?)

Is there more connecting options, maybe something even better? Also.. is the overall sound quality better when listening through digital audio output than analog?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back