Need help with dual cs505 turntable
Dec 15, 2010 at 10:46 AM Post #16 of 18

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
BTW, what country are you living in? Or, what is your mains frequency, 50Hz or 60Hz?

In Finland and we have 50Hz. Azimuth and lateral are on level. I will try to clean some record to see if there is some residue in those.

The big hump at 100Hz in the frequency spectrum is a power supply related problem. Almost always a result of a grounding issue somewhere in the chain. The level is not something to get upset about. I've seen some expensive phono amps that do worse than this. But it could help to check the external earth/grounding connections to the CS505. Have you connected a separate earth wire between the chassis of the 505 and the casing of the amp? 

100Hz pike probably really is some sort of gound issue, becouse there is very sharp -80dB hum at 50Hz and -84dB at 100Hz when no records are playing. I have enjoyed some records for couple of days and noticed that those that have the noice are minority in my collection, so it probably is somehow related to them.

Edit: I have ground wire connected.

Dec 15, 2010 at 4:49 PM Post #17 of 18

Quote:
100Hz pike probably really is some sort of gound issue, becouse there is very sharp -80dB hum at 50Hz and -84dB at 100Hz when no records are playing. I have enjoyed some records for couple of days and noticed that those that have the noice are minority in my collection, so it probably is somehow related to them.

-80dB for a phono amp is not so bad. What amp do you have?
There might be no other solution than to buy a better amp (thats why they say: welcome to Head-Fi, Sorry for your wallet
atsmile.gif
)

Dec 16, 2010 at 9:03 AM Post #18 of 18

Quote:
Quote:

-80dB for a phono amp is not so bad. What amp do you have?
There might be no other solution than to buy a better amp (thats why they say: welcome to Head-Fi, Sorry for your wallet
atsmile.gif
)

That what I said
biggrin.gif
. It is TC-750. But for real update I probably need to buy something what costs around 500 euros, so not happening too soon.
If anyone knows any tweaks I´m happy to make them to this thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back