NEED HELP WITH CHOOSING NEW HEADPHONES. (please help)
Oct 18, 2012 at 1:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

StasRyadinskiy

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone, im new to head fi, at the beginning of the year i have been looking for a good pair of cans but untill now didnot found anything good. Ive been looking into v modas m100, shure, akg and the list goes on. I am student so will use them while traveling and study. But at the same time do want them to be as less leaky as possible because ill use them in a library. I got really angry as all major brands release their headphones with cables for dj and that are 10 ft long. So would like if you help me choose a set for me.
My preferences:

1) full size (over ear)
2) price under $300 (180 gbp)
3) removable cable
4) 1.3m or something like that, not 10ft long
5) ill be Istening to hardstyle and blues mainly.
6) less leakage
7) NO BEATS!!!

Again, please someone help me with choosing a set of cans as i spent too long without ones.
Thanks.

Oct 18, 2012 at 1:52 PM Post #2 of 10
Quote:
Hi everyone, im new to head fi, at the beginning of the year i have been looking for a good pair of cans but untill now didnot found anything good. Ive been looking into v modas m100, shure, akg and the list goes on. I am student so will use them while traveling and study. But at the same time do want them to be as less leaky as possible because ill use them in a library. I got really angry as all major brands release their headphones with cables for dj and that are 10 ft long. So would like if you help me choose a set for me.
My preferences:
1) full size (over ear)
2) price under $300 (180 gbp)
3) removable cable
4) 1.3m or something like that, not 10ft long
5) ill be Istening to hardstyle and blues mainly.
6) less leakage
7) NO BEATS!!!
Again, please someone help me with choosing a set of cans as i spent too long without ones.
Thanks.

It may be a bit early, but I've been loving my V-MODA Crossfade M-100's.

Oct 18, 2012 at 2:06 PM Post #4 of 10
Quote:
Yeah i love them too, but ill have to wait a few months untill val releases them to the public. How is the leakage on the m100?

Leakage is on par with the ATH-M50, another popular can. If you're in an absolutely silent room, with volume at 60%+ from an iDevice, then people within 5ft will hear it easily. Otherwise, in locations like a bus, outside, a busy hallway, or similar locations, nobody should be able to hear it. Isolation is also pretty good.

Oct 18, 2012 at 2:11 PM Post #6 of 10
Ultrasone HFI-580 (bass emphasized) or HFI-780 (balanced, with a short cable plus extension cable). No removable cable, though.

Oct 18, 2012 at 2:32 PM Post #9 of 10
M-100 matches all your needs - and a pre-order now will get you some extras like extra shields, and earplugs. It has balanced mids and highs, with a emphasized lower end, that punches hard and extends deep. I love them.

I know that they match all of the preferences and it even has the hard case wich is a plus to me, but 310+20 for shipping is a bit too much but i will see. I just need more sugestions by other people so that i have a veriety to choose from.

Oct 18, 2012 at 6:14 PM Post #10 of 10
M-100 matches all your needs - and a pre-order now will get you some extras like extra shields, and earplugs. It has balanced mids and highs, with a emphasized lower end, that punches hard and extends deep. I love them.
hey, what do you think about the ue 6000 vs m100. They look good, cable good, and tyll at innerfidelity put them on the wall of fame???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back