Need help with basshead, isolating IEM for around $100 with 1-button/mic!
Dec 15, 2014 at 10:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

kiteman

New Head-Fier
I own Nuforce 600M which are currently being warrantied for the 3rd time, they just keep breaking.  They aren't the best in the world sound-wise but I do like their efficiency (get loud without an amp) and their bass.  They've been mostly great for anything, except travel as they are pretty bleak in terms of isolation.  I was hoping to get another pair that would do a better job at isolation but also provide the bass/efficiency I like.  The button is important to me because I cycle through songs a lot, and walking up and down the airport...well a button is just much easier to do that than pulling out your phone.

Tried over-ear m40x and I like them kind of, but they hurt my ears after a while and I find over-ears just too bulky for my taste when it comes to traveling unless I check my bag, which I rarely do because of my short trips.  So I feel like one more thing I can't fit in my pocket is just a hassle.

I also tried the Senn Momentum in-ears made for Android.  You know I liked them, but the button/mic was finicky and I felt like the sound wasn't THAT much better than my 600Ms so I returned them.

I had my eye on the Etymotic MC2, but it looks like they will be severely lacking in bass for me, even with my Fiio E6 (which honestly I would prefer something efficient like the 600M anyway so I don't have to use an amp, again one more thing to keep up with while traveling).  I thought about the new Hifiman RE-300a but I hear a lot of travelers complain their cables are shoddy and breaks easily.  I also liked the Fidelio S2 a lot (on paper) but I'm concerned the isolation will be equal or worse than my 600M.  Also I tried the RHA-MA750i which sounds good, but I found that heavy-duty cord to be very difficult to walk with the way it attaches to your phone (assuming your phone is in your pocket), and I don't like paying extra for volume buttons that don't work on my Android.

On top of that I don't know what else to consider.  I feel like I keep spinning my wheels looking, as I always come around to the same IEMs I already looked at.  I was hoping to get some suggestions of units I haven't considered yet.  If I had to without the button I would, so if there is a really good value IEM out there that would hit my other requirements, feel free to share.  Thanks.

Dec 15, 2014 at 11:09 PM Post #3 of 3
How about these?
http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Ultimate-600vi-Noise-Isolating-Headset/dp/B003YKG2UK

My other thought was maybe the Klipsch S4i, or one of the newer Klipsch models (I have not kept up with them). Lots of bass in Klipsch, but to me, they are too dark sounding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back