Need help with an AKG-Q701
Apr 24, 2015 at 5:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

dagarc

New Head-Fier
Hi guys, this is my first thread and i wanted some help with my new headphones.

Im always hearing music and until the last week i was using a 30€ sony headphones and i thought I needed to do a step to improve the sound quality, so I started my journey into the hifi and i bought an AKG Q701.

This is my first real headphones and I cant write with words the improvement that i got changing the headphones. Now, the next step is buying a DAC or an amplifier, but im like a virgin in the hifi world and i needed some help finding a good choice for 100-150€.

Apr 24, 2015 at 2:31 PM Post #3 of 8
Yes, sorry i forgot about commenting that i was searching for a DAC and Amp to connect them in my pc or my phone most of the times. You can recommend me some amp and dac that are more or less portable?

Apr 24, 2015 at 2:48 PM Post #4 of 8
  Yes, sorry i forgot about commenting that i was searching for a DAC and Amp to connect them in my pc or my phone most of the times. You can recommend me some amp and dac that are more or less portable?

Sorry--that not how I usually listen to my music.  I suggest that you include they brand and type of your phone to get the best advice.

Apr 24, 2015 at 3:19 PM Post #6 of 8
I can't imagine really using my Q701's in a portable setting, but fair enough :). Fiio has some DAC/amp options that are popular. Getting enough power to these cans might be the biggest problem, so maybe just opt for an amp like the E12 for now.

Apr 24, 2015 at 3:29 PM Post #7 of 8
I personally thought AKG Q701's were powered fine by the Fiio E10K if you are going to mainly use them with your PC. On high gain it gets ear piercing volumes at 3.5/8 on the volume dial, and the sound itself is quite good as well. Not as good soundstage or bass depth as with a more powerful dedicated amp, but still quite satisfactory. I can definitely suggest it if you are looking for a cheaper solution.

Apr 24, 2015 at 3:39 PM Post #8 of 8
Ok, thx for all of the advices. My setup is a bit weird i know xd. But as i said i just started to invest in sound quality and obviously i had to start with the headphones.

Step by step.

Btw, both of the FiiO that u said seem great. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back