Need help with a set-up involving a TV, PC, and Xbox.
Sep 27, 2012 at 1:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Ironbob

New Head-Fier
Hi, so I'm in the process of building myself a little for the lack of better words man cave. My plan is to have my PC at my desk, with a TV mounted above it and my xbox/ps3 besides all of that. I'm looking for a way to set-up some headphones so that I can switch easily between all three and being able to use a mic with the PC or Xbox for gaming purposes. I've been racking my brain on this and I couldn't think of an easy way that doesn't require me to constantly switch plug-ins and wires or getting two headsets if I want to be able to use my mic for both. I'm hoping that somebody here has a better idea.

This little cave project of mine is still in the process of being built, but the three things I listed are what I have so far. I'm open to getting extra equipment if there is an easy way to do this, hopefully without breaking the bank. But some spending some extra money so that I can be lazy seems like a good trade-off. 

So any ideas/suggestions would be really helpful, thanks!

Sep 27, 2012 at 2:24 AM Post #2 of 4
Google for "input selector" - there's plenty of various devices that let you switch between several sources of signal.
Getting one with the right set of connectors may be trickier, but you could use hp jack to RCA cables. Some of those support A/V - then you could use the video RCA connector to plug in the mic.

Sep 27, 2012 at 3:28 PM Post #3 of 4
Hmm am not clear if u are only using cans all the way or plan to have speakers as well? If the latter a receiver and hooking up a headphone amp via it's tape/pre outs would be a possible solution ^^

Sep 28, 2012 at 1:35 AM Post #4 of 4
Yeah, I looked into the input switches and I was thinking of putting a receiver so that I can get speakers for the room. But you mentioning the switches got me thinking about it, and I think I can use a receiver alongside a USB switch so that I can toggle between my pc and xbox/tv easily. Use the receiver to toggle between the sound source, then use the USB switch to toggle the mic. I'm going to give that a try and see how it turns out, thanks for the ideas guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back