Need help with a battery for HeadAmp Pico
Feb 22, 2020 at 7:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

ameo

New Head-Fier
HI, for my HeadAmp DAC Pico I need a 7.4Volt, 500mAh Lithium Battery. The one which was built in the amp gave up working.
This battery has to be of the same dimensions than the old one, otherwise it will not fit in the case.I tried to contact HeadAmp via emails and on Facebook,... never got a reply. Perhaps they are off the market, ... or it is just bad customer service. Can anyone give info where I can get a battery? It would be a shame to throw this little beauty into the dust bin, just because of an old power supply. Thanks in advance. Oh yes: The dimensions are 40x30x8 mm.
IMG_2576.jpg

Feb 22, 2020 at 8:43 PM Post #2 of 6
My old pico amp/dac also needs a battery too. If I ever want to sell it off.

I wonder what its power in mw ir vrms is compared to other stuff.

Edit: 150mw-700mw @32 and an output impedance of 1. Oh wow this was better than I remembered. Except for the noise floor. (150mw according to AmirM and 700mw according to drop's specifications)

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2020 at 3:38 AM Post #4 of 6
https://www.headamp.com/pages/contact-us

I wouldn't expect a reply during the weekend, but the company is definitely still around. Try filling out the form on the page if you haven't already done so. Or try calling the listedphone number on Monday.

I wrote on their form on the HeadAmp Homepage 2 weeks ago.
I wrote an email directly to them a few days ago.
I wrote on Facebook community on their Facebook account (Do they watch it??)

Calling them is difficult because of time shift and my poor knowledge of your language.

Feb 23, 2020 at 10:30 AM Post #5 of 6
I wrote on their form on the HeadAmp Homepage 2 weeks ago.
I wrote an email directly to them a few days ago.
I wrote on Facebook community on their Facebook account (Do they watch it??)

Calling them is difficult because of time shift and my poor knowledge of your language.
Hopefully you'll receive a response soon, good luck. I'm not defending the delayed response, but it's a small company. Canjam New York just happened and probably Headamp is trying to catch up. I encourage you to try again in a few days if you still have no reply. It's not great, but sometimes emails can go to spam folders instead of the correct inbox.

Mar 11, 2020 at 11:43 AM Post #6 of 6
OK,- it´s now longer than 4 weeks ago that I wrote several emails to them. I tried it again last weekend.
I wrote on their Facbook site.(https://www.facebook.com/pg/HeadAmp/community/?ref=page_internal)
I close this thread now. That has nothing to do with "small company" or poor customer care.
I call it just "bad attitudes"
I still can´t understand that I have to dispose this ´lil beauty because of a LiPo batterie, worth perhaps 5 bucks.
It is a shame!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back