Need Help w/ AUX-IN MP3 Setup
Apr 6, 2008 at 12:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

gongos

100+ Head-Fier
I have a Eclipse 8053 and a iaudio x5l MP3 player. The AUX-IN on the head unit uses a mini headphone plug. The line out on the MP3 player also uses a headphone plug. When the music plays I get sound from my subwoofer and out of only the left side of my speakers--no music from the right. Is this a problem because of the MP3 player, head unit, or something not setup correctly? Any help would be great.

Apr 6, 2008 at 1:47 AM Post #2 of 5
Are you sure you're using a stereo cable to connect them? Look at the plugs to tell.

Mono:
image.php

Stereo (don't mind the RCA cables):
kabel_minitele-rca_stor.jpg

Stereo cable plugs have more metal rings (leading electricity to more wires).
A stereo plug can also give a mono signal if it's not properly inserted into the socket (so that not all the metal rings connect).

Apr 6, 2008 at 1:50 AM Post #3 of 5
My guess is the X5L is the problem. The X5(L) is prone to headphone jack damage from extensive use, abuse or other cause. The jack is soldered onto the PCB by three solder joints. Some users have opened up their units and soldered the broken connection(s) with some success. Otherwise, you would have to return it to Cowon for repair.

A better hookup solution is to use the line-out jack from the subpack (or cradle) and run that into the the Eclipse Aux-In. If you want to make a custom cable for the X5, send me a PM and I will forward the pin outs and a source for IPAQ connectors that snap into the bottom of the X5.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back