Need help understanding my amplifier
Sep 9, 2015 at 2:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

sabrehagen

New Head-Fier
I have the Darkvoice 336 amp and I'm looking to buy some new tubes for it. The tube type is a 6AS7G and the site says "Only buy if your amp or preamp can handle the 5 amp filament". How do I know if this amp is able to handle a 5 amp filament? Thanks!

Sep 9, 2015 at 2:27 AM Post #2 of 6
Might try reading up and asking on this thread.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/348833/darkvoice-336i-336se-tuberolling-partii

Sep 9, 2015 at 7:47 AM Post #3 of 6
This was more about understanding the capability of the amp as per the technical specs listed on amazon. Is it possible to know if an amp can handle a certain tube just from those specs?

Sep 9, 2015 at 8:31 AM Post #4 of 6
  This was more about understanding the capability of the amp as per the technical specs listed on amazon. Is it possible to know if an amp can handle a certain tube just from those specs?

A couple of questions - 1) How much did you spend on your amp? and 2) Are you willing to test that with specs found on Amazon?

Sep 9, 2015 at 11:09 AM Post #6 of 6
  What factor does price have on the analysis? Amazon isn't a trust worthy source? I haven't found any other source for information on the amp.

Putting in an incorrect tube could burn out parts of your amp, or worse.  If you spent $10 on the amp, I suppose that might be worth the risk, but I suspect you spent more than that.  And no, Amazon is not a reliable source for technical specs.  I've often seen them incomplete or downright wrong on some items.

It does appear that Darkvoice is somewhat unique in having no support online whatsoever.  That's a problem if you were searching for a user manual, which should be your first course of action.  Besides the thread that PurpleAngel referenced, maybe this additional thread on Head-Fi will help you determine what tubes may work:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/193214/darkvoice-336-336i-tuberolling-tubes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back