Need help to "squeeze out" the best quality of my logitech ue6000 by choosing new mp3 player or amp.
Feb 7, 2014 at 11:11 AM Post #3 of 5
How does UE6000 sound with your shuffle? If it sounds OK, then stop worrying about it and enjoy the music.

If you are curious about what an amp will do, then any of those Fiio amps will work, as will the cheaper Fiio E6. You plug your headphones into the amp, and then plug the amp into the Shuffle. Adjust the volume on the shuffle to somewhere in the middle, then adjust the amp volume to suit your needs.

If you plan on also using the headphones with your computer, then I would suggest getting a DAC/Amp, like the E07K or E17. Not only will it work with your Shuffle, but it will also allow you to plug a USB cable from your PC to the DAC/Amp, then plug your headphones into the DAC/Amp, and will probably be better than just plugging the headphones directly into the computer.

Feb 8, 2014 at 10:46 AM Post #4 of 5
How does UE6000 sound with your shuffle? If it sounds OK, then stop worrying about it and enjoy the music.

If you are curious about what an amp will do, then any of those Fiio amps will work, as will the cheaper Fiio E6. You plug your headphones into the amp, and then plug the amp into the Shuffle. Adjust the volume on the shuffle to somewhere in the middle, then adjust the amp volume to suit your needs.

If you plan on also using the headphones with your computer, then I would suggest getting a DAC/Amp, like the E07K or E17. Not only will it work with your Shuffle, but it will also allow you to plug a USB cable from your PC to the DAC/Amp, then plug your headphones into the DAC/Amp, and will probably be better than just plugging the headphones directly into the computer.

Thanks! I've asked my friend to borrow me his E07K and I find out it doesn't just increase the volume, it actually improve the sound quality too. I am curious is the E07K enough to push my headphone, and also will a socket powered dac too excessive for my ue?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back