Need help to find 'Indestructible' Earphones
Oct 1, 2011 at 5:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Sashm

New Head-Fier
Hey guys,

This is only my second post and I am completely new to the head-fi ! 

I've been using apple in-ear headphones (not standard ones that are included) and I didn't mind them too much given my limited experience with headphones in general (it is only second or third pair that I have ever tried on). However due to very heavy use (at least 6 hours per day) I have to replace them every 5 months which is annoying as I can replace them on warranty only once (the warranty on replacement runs out quicker). Usually the rubber protection near the plug and buds starts 'peeling off' after 4 months and after that either one of the sides or the mic stop working (I assume that it is due to cable breakage). When not in use I always(!!!!) carry them in the case that came in the package and I'm generally good with taking care of my stuff.

I was wondering if somebody could recommend a very well built pair of in-ear headphones that I could buy...I'm open to any suggestions in terms of price however I would be really happy if I could spend less than $350 on them...Also as I'm listening to music using my iPhone (please don't hate =D ) and I really need the remote/mic thing so I can use the headphones to talk and skip songs. I was looking at a pair of Monster TurbinePro Copper for some time (the one with mic) as they look really sturdy! Please let me know what do you think will last me for at least a year or two.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions ! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back