Need help to choose the best wireless headphones

Pick the most neutral, resolving wireless headphones for classical music.

• Total voters
Sep 6, 2020 at 9:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

bhanja_trinanjan

500+ Head-Fier
Hello friends,
I listen to orchestral classical music. I have the Bowers and Wilkins PX7, which I like. However, I do find the PX7 to sound a touch polite and am looking to expand my headphones collection by adding a second pair of Bluetooth cans. I prefer highly resolving headphones with a flat, neutral and engaging sound. I have narrowed down my choices to one of the following:
  1. SONY WH-1000XM4
  2. Shure AONIC 50
  3. DALI IO-6
I am not considering the Beyerdynamic Amiron Wireless as I heard it has inconsistent fit and bass across different users. I am not too bothered about noise cancellation performance as I listen in quiet environments where passive isolation is enough.
Best Regards,
Trinanjan.

Sep 6, 2020 at 10:04 AM Post #2 of 11
Last edited:
Sep 6, 2020 at 10:57 AM Post #5 of 11
Sep 6, 2020 at 11:11 AM Post #6 of 11
Well, that looks like a great choice, but it isn't available in India.
Oh I see. Aren't there any store there that sells them? Or perhaps Amazon and eBay?

Sep 14, 2020 at 11:30 AM Post #8 of 11
As I listen more and more to my B & W PX7, I feel that the bass is overdone on these headphones, orchestral drums seem overbearing.

Sep 28, 2020 at 11:44 AM Post #9 of 11
I just got the Dali IO-6. I already had the B & W PX7. To my ears, the Dali is at least thrice as good as the B & W. I really don't know why What Hifi gave 4 stars to the Dali and 5 to the PX7. The PX7 has bloated boomy bass without texture. The Dali is refined, has impact and texture... I am amazed how tonally balanced the IO-6 is.

Sep 29, 2020 at 2:24 PM Post #10 of 11
I have owned the Sony's M2 and M3 version and ended up selling both. I am not sure if I do not like the Sony signature sound, but I was not pleased with either version. The M3 was a step up over the M2's but still not quite to my tastes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back