Need help setting up Audiophile USB!?!
Aug 9, 2004 at 6:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

mtbiac

100+ Head-Fier
I just got an M-audio Audiophile USB. I haven't messed with any settings or anything yet, and I'm using the stock foobar setup except for the equalizer. The sound quality is Great, but my music lags every so often and this is definetely not acceptable. I am wanting to use either Kernel Streaming or ASIO but I'm not sure which would suit me better? I was using KS in foobar2000 on my desktop with the AV710 which worked pretty well... I use both headphones AND the S/PDIF In/Out on the audiophile so I'd prefer a setting that doesnt require me to switch back and forth when I want to use a new device (VERY annoying on the desktop).

BTW - my laptop is obviously fast enough to handle playing music without lagging. IBM T42p (Pentium M 1.8ghz, 512mb DDR, 60gb 7.2krpm, FireGL T2 128mb graphics, etc)

Can somebody please help? I tried disabling the S/PDIF ports for when using only the headphones, but it was still lagging. By lagging I mean the music pauses for maybe a millisecond every so often, VERY annoying. Sometimes it doesn't do this, but it does quite often.

THANKS for the help...

Aug 9, 2004 at 7:54 PM Post #2 of 3
well turns out that it doesnt lag when I have my wireless internet disabled. The internal audio even lags when I have wireless enabled - What??
blink.gif

on another note - I can't tell THAT much difference between my A900 plugged into the internal IBM soundmax soundcard and the Audiophile USB. But then again I havent adjusted ANY settings yet, I need to get this lagging issue straightened out first.

any comments on which settings will work best for me?

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back