Need help selecting my next pair of phones
Oct 27, 2011 at 1:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

nsolarz

New Head-Fier
(crossposting here as recommended in the portable area) So here's my dilemma: Im getting tired of having my headphones fail on me year after year. i'm very much a "one and done" kind of buyer, so im looking for something thats going to last a while. My typical usage is around campus hooked into a mobile player (not really looking for anything needing an amp at this time). Priority wise i'd rank it durability >comfort > audio quality, however none of these should be lacking. Style wise, I dont mind in-ear, but around-ear would be preferred. Priced hopefully less than 250, but I could swing 300 if it was worth it. thanks in advance for the input.

Oct 27, 2011 at 2:26 AM Post #3 of 5
Beyer Dynamic DT1350 if you want the best of all those features.

Audio Technica M50 meets all those requirements too but does fall
slightly short of the DT1350's audio quality.

It does have one distinguishable strength ~ it is indestructable.

Oct 28, 2011 at 3:40 PM Post #4 of 5

Quote:
Audio Technica M50 meets all those requirements too but does fall
slightly short of the DT1350's audio quality.

It does have one distinguishable strength ~ it is indestructable.

Thanks for the help! I actually hadn't heard of the m50's till this post, but im glad you pointed them out. They fit perfectly into my price range, and the sound is awesome. I might write a more detailed review later.

Oct 28, 2011 at 10:25 PM Post #5 of 5

Quote:
Thanks for the help! I actually hadn't heard of the m50's till this post, but im glad you pointed them out. They fit perfectly into my price range, and the sound is awesome. I might write a more detailed review later.

Glad you enjoy them ~ they will not fail you no matter what you drag them through.

Only physical failure I've seen on Head Fi was a guy who left them with his dog and
the little blighter chewed through the cord!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back