Need help selecting a new receiver/ amplifier
Apr 3, 2013 at 11:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

luthier42

New Head-Fier
Hey gang, I've got Pioneer SX-205 (200 watt) I've been using for my work stereo for the last 13+ years and I'm thinking it might be time for a change.  The volume control crackles a little, but otherwise it's great - except that it's pretty huge.  I just changed locations and I'd like something a lot smaller that won't break the bank (under $100).  My old setup involved having a shelf over my bench purely for the receiver so that I had quick access to the volume when the phone rang.  I'm looking for something with a tiny footprint that I can maybe mount to the wall or under my bench, sounds about as good as what I'm used to, and can stand a little dust (it will live in a wood shop).  I probably don't need 200 watts, but I want to be able to get enough volume to wake me up in the morning.  Any suggestions?

Apr 4, 2013 at 11:11 AM Post #2 of 2
Your best bet is to buy something used...check out http://www.canuckaudiomart.com

There are many used audio websites but this one is reliable, you can change your preferences to US Mart or Europe depending where you live.

It would be best to look at integrated or receivers used and see what you can get for $100.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back