Need help, Replacing my T1s, would welcome recommendations.
Jun 5, 2016 at 7:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Super MANSKITO

100+ Head-Fier
Some one stole my Beyerdynamic T-1s out of my car.  Life without music sucks....... 

I haven't been keeping up with the headphone scene for a while because I was basically happy with my T-1s.

Headphones I have owned, to give you guys and idea of what I am looking for:

Sennheiser HD 650s:  

Not resolving enough for me.

HI-fi MAN HE-500s:

Loved the base and speed, sound stage was not the best, also the cable kept on breaking, sold them because I couldn't afford to keep replacing the ****ty cable, also they developed a slight channel imbalance. 

Beyerdynamic T1s:

Sound stage was much better then HE-500s, base and speed was not as good as the HE-500s

With all that said I would like headphones that have bass and speed like the HE-500s and sound stage as good as the beyerdynamic t-1s.  And the cables must be replaceable at a reasonable cost.  (~$20)

My amp is an objective 02. My music is mainly metal and I play a lot of video games and movies.   I would like to spend no more then $500-600 if possible. ( I hope that is possible lol, I paid ~850 for my T1s 2 years ago I am hoping tech has improved since then, I really don't want to spend 800+ again. )

What would you guys say is a good fit? 

Jun 5, 2016 at 10:30 PM Post #2 of 6
There are a couple used pair on eBay at your price.

Jun 6, 2016 at 9:46 AM Post #4 of 6
The T1s are available second hand in great condition for €500. I recently sold my second pair for €410 (incl. shipping).

In the second hand market there are many other great alternatives, but if you want to purchase new, I am afraid you won't find that many headphones similar to the T1 for less than $600.

If you weren't bothered by the treble of the HE-500 (as I am, because to me it sounds 'artificial'), then the HE-560 might be the headphones you are looking for. Note that these are lighter in the bass than the HE-500 (not the same punch), but the bass depth, detail, speed and visceral feel are all there. Besides that, the HE-560 have a very good soundstage and great imaging capabilities! Close to the T1. The build quality of the HE-560 is not as good as that of the T1, but it's not bad.

I have an electrostatic system myself with the STAX SR-407 and the SRM-3. I was really lucky to find this combo, from which the SR-407 was just 3 months old, for just €450. Expect to pay at least $600 for a similar system if you decide to look for one.
To me, my current system is superior to either the HE-560 or the T1. It is faster than either of those, the mids and treble have a beautiful structure, sounds very natural and transparent and the soundstage is awesome (different ears tell different stories about the soundstage of these). The bass is better on the HE-560, but to me the difference is not big enough, and I prefer the overall package of the SR-407.

Jun 6, 2016 at 10:22 AM Post #5 of 6
Get the HD 650 with Sonarworks. You won't have any complaints. Trust me.

Jun 6, 2016 at 5:09 PM Post #6 of 6
Do you mean the same T1s I had or a different headphone you would recommend that combines the sound of the HE 500s and T1s?
Yes the T1 not for sure if it is first or second generation though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back