Need help regarding the purchase of a approx. $100 IEM
Nov 2, 2013 at 8:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

RK10

New Head-Fier
Hello, 
Ever since I lost my Klipsch Image S4i which was the first IEM I actively bought and not just got with a phone or something, I have been looking at which pair to buy next. 
But to be honest I am quite confused: It seems for the money (approx $100) RE-400 or Shure SE215 are some of the favorites, but I have read that they don't have that much bass. 
I don't consider myself a "basshead", but I like that it's noticeable when the beat drops in Kendrick Lamar's m.A.A.d city :wink:

Genres: Hiphop and Indie/Pop artists such as Bon Iver, Snow Patrol, The Fray and Coldplay. 
Also, it's worth mentioning that I am from Europe, Denmark, so if anyone has some online shops located in Europe I would really appreciate a link. 
I don't know whether it is important or not, but I will use the IEMs with my phone, a Samsung Galaxy S4 mini.

I hope I have provided enough information, if I haven't then just fire away with the questions. 
Any help is much appreciated. 
Thanks

Nov 7, 2013 at 6:34 PM Post #9 of 10
  I would recommend Vsonics GR07 Bass Editions if you can get hold of a pair. They punch way above their weight and should be within budget,

Thanks for the suggestion: Yes, I have been looking into these, but it looks like that they're not obtainable in Europe which means that I will have to pay custom charges etc.. 
But I've read quite a lot about them and they do sound like that they are among the best IEMs for that price. ($130-150ish?) 
And also.. I really don't want to sound snobbish, but I think the red and white cable is really ugly.. I would prefer just a black one. 

Nov 8, 2013 at 2:24 AM Post #10 of 10
Check out the following IEM's:

• Rockit Sound R-50
  • Hisound Audio B100
  • GR07BE

I would go for the GR07BE. The cable doesn't look too bad and they sound fantastic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back