Need help reducing jitter on my setup..
Aug 26, 2009 at 2:52 AM Post #16 of 28
if you are gonna spend $200, why not get Essence or Halo?

Aug 26, 2009 at 3:22 AM Post #17 of 28
Any card with TOSLINK or coax SPDIF would work, although your onboard audio might have one of these outputs already. Use an ASIO plugin at source bitrate/sampling rate to avoid windows processing and/or resampling
wink.gif

Aug 26, 2009 at 3:49 AM Post #20 of 28
he's got a usb-only dac. so that's a limit right there.

if his usb sucks, on his pc (and it often does), then he can try to fix the usb system OR just sidestep around it all and get a proper sound card and fix things that way.

he's into the equipment heavily enough and it would make sense to have at least an spdif capable dac. being usb-only does limit you, esp. if your usb system sucks
wink.gif

it does not cost a lot to have a dac that *also* does spdif. and sound cards for spdif are very cheap, compared to an hd800!

sound card transport DOES fix many things. usb audio works when it works, but its not always working on all pc's. you can spin wheels trying to fix it or just take a quick way around it. sometimes that is the quicker way to the destination.

Aug 26, 2009 at 3:52 AM Post #21 of 28
There are a lot of great DACs that accept the SPDIF, but only a handful that has a proper USB implementation. I vote what Linuxworks said above.

Aug 26, 2009 at 3:58 AM Post #22 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by atothex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What are y'all dorks smoking? He's got a USB only DAC and hasn't said anything about changing that. Sound card transport doesn't fix anything.
tongue.gif

Err good point, I didn't check on its inputs
redface.gif

If the DACs drawing power from the USB port, that could be the source of the problem. A powered hub should fix such a problem.

Another troubleshooting tip would be to try different ports for connecting the keyboard.

Aug 26, 2009 at 4:33 AM Post #23 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by linuxworks /img/forum/go_quote.gif
emu resampled? really?

they are the pro audio arm of the company, aren't they? their stuff would not resample.

are we talking about the same emu?

Yup the same company...the E-MU series chip (EMU10K1-ECF SB Live) that Creative had them manufacture for the SB Live/Audigy and Audigy II cards all had this fatal flaw in the hardware that made bit perfect playback impossible.

Here's the Wiki link Sound Blaster - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ...scroll down to the SB Live series (EMU10K1 chip) for the story.

Peete.

Aug 26, 2009 at 4:36 AM Post #24 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by atothex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What are y'all dorks smoking? He's got a USB only DAC and hasn't said anything about changing that. Sound card transport doesn't fix anything.
tongue.gif

Oops...never mind.
redface.gif

Peete.

Aug 26, 2009 at 4:57 AM Post #25 of 28
Ha ha... you guys are crazy!
L3000.gif

My previous post still stands... try the Pico on another computer's usb ports - test the keyboard, etc.; I figure that it will work fine. Then update your USB drivers as well as any drivers for the keyboard - there could be conflicts that are unknown.

If that doesn't work, look into getting a PCI USB Controller to bypass what could be faulty OEM parts - you can pick one up for about $10 at Newegg.com, etc.

Hope you are able to figure the problem out.

Aug 26, 2009 at 5:41 PM Post #26 of 28
Decided to upgrade my usb driver along with replacing keyboard USB port. Problem solved!!!

I thank everyone who decided to chime in and help me!!! Thanks!!!

Aug 26, 2009 at 6:23 PM Post #27 of 28
Yea the keyboard was probably raping the usb b/w.

Sep 8, 2009 at 8:33 AM Post #28 of 28
if you can, see if you can find the architecture design of your MB. This way you can see what usb port is sharing the bus with what devices. And if you decide to go the USB card route, see if your board supports PCIe... since that isnt hub like architecture like PCI-X and you wouldnt be sharing the bus with other slots and/or devices. I had the same problem with my macbook, moved to the optical out and its solved most of my problems. Except when I peg the CPU when I compile.
o2smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back