Need help quickly picking out a nice headset for a family present!
Jul 18, 2018 at 3:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

zxzx

New Head-Fier
So i know pretty much zero about quality headphones a and I was hoping hoping little help!

Need help! Going out of town and need to order a pair of headphones befor my 16 hour flight. The hesdpjones are for my brother. And the only thing h mentioned to me was "open back" and quality would be the first priority as well as bass > trebble. But not over the top bass. I really have no clue and I'm wanting to order them on amazon tonight!

I've tried to research we much as I could witihin the last few days but haven't made much product.

Any help welcome!

Budget 450 roughly!

Thanks!

PS I can only order off Amazon:

Thanks again!

Jul 18, 2018 at 11:34 AM Post #2 of 6
Need help! Going out of town and need to order a pair of headphones befor my 16 hour flight. The hesdpjones are for my brother. And the only thing h mentioned to me was "open back" and quality would be the first priority as well as bass > trebble. But not over the top bass. I really have no clue and I'm wanting to order them on amazon tonight!
Any help welcome!
Budget 450 roughly!
PS I can only order off Amazon:

Sennheiser HD650 but it's only available from third party sellers on Amazon right now; or certified refurb for $230. There's one seller that sells it at $388 though.Newer HD660S also available but it's still at MSRP of $499.

There's also the Philips Fidelio X2/27 but the bass is stronger on that one.

Jul 19, 2018 at 1:10 AM Post #4 of 6
Just to add to the choir, open back headphones are absolutely inappropriate for any sort of flight. The open back allows almost all outside noise to enter the headphones, so he'd have trouble hearing the music without turning it up to excruciatingly loud levels. Also, he'd annoy his seatmates.

He'd be better off with closed backs or IEMs for travel. Get him open backs if he really wants them, but he really shouldn't use them for travel.

Oh, wait. After re-reading your post... Is he traveling, or just you? If he's not traveling, I also recommend the HD 650.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back