Need help picking out new pair of closed headphones
Sep 9, 2009 at 1:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

people people

New Head-Fier
I used to own some Etymotic earphones which I loved but its time to get new ones (plus they are now broken).

I am now in the market for something completely different. I want a pair of closed headphones that will be good to walk around with. I am looking to spend 100-180$ if possible. I listen to a lot of different music, a lot of base heavy music (techno, trance, etc.) and a lot of rock music (Dave Matthews Band etc.). So I defiantly want headphones with very good and clear bass.

Like I said, I want to be able to walk around campus with them so style is extremely important. I know those dre ones are close to my price range, but that seems like im paying entirely for looks, so maybe not those. Noise canceling I am indifferent about. When I put on a pair of noise canceling Bose headphones I didnt like how they made me feel (like I was in an airplane... I assume you eventually get over that though).

If I am leaving anything out let me know.

So what do you all think would be best for me?

TIA

Sep 9, 2009 at 2:42 PM Post #3 of 11
Sep 9, 2009 at 3:05 PM Post #4 of 11
also, if you don't mind a tiny bit more bulk here are some of the top choices in order of preference that i've picked up around here:

1. HD 25-1 II
I've read on multiple occasions that people would choose this if they had to sell all but one of their cans, and similar other statements
-tough
-relatively portable
-sound quality is good
(i have yet to try these, i'm taking comments from what i've read)
2. Dennon AH-D1001
-tough
-"dark" sounding- not necessarily bad
-can be modded to "brighten up"
3. AKG K81DJ
-don't know much about this, other than it fits in with the other two.

Sep 9, 2009 at 6:56 PM Post #6 of 11
i'm new, i think i can get some answers from here.
i have a samsung p2 and i want to buy a new pair of headphones.
i was wondering beetwen at pro5 and at esw9, i found on ebay at aprox 100 $ each. wich do you think is beeter(i want clear music, power at all freq. sorry for my english.
thanx.

Sep 9, 2009 at 7:15 PM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by people people /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I like those HD 25-1 II ones. My only concern with those is bass not being up to par. Anyone with these have any thoughts?

I haven't read that the HD25s lack bass anywhere.

Just surfing through youtube and DJ forums, many DJs LOVE the hd25, so i can't imagine them not having enough bass.

i mean, a pro DJ loving something without bass? that's just unheard of
tongue.gif

Sep 10, 2009 at 8:48 AM Post #10 of 11
The HD25-1's are really easy to drive, and in terms of getting any volume out of the, you've no need for an amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back