Need Help Picking out IEM
Mar 10, 2012 at 11:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

3DGrace

New Head-Fier
I am looking for something with better quality than what I have now. The ones I have fall out of my ears pretty easily, and make that obnoxious scraping sound when they move against your clothes. My budget is $100 or less but I'd rather not spend that if high quality can be had at a lower price tag. I need an IEM that can handle multiple genres. I will listen to anything from hard rock to hip hop to dub step etc. Thanks!

Mar 11, 2012 at 6:09 PM Post #3 of 14
The Brainwavz M4, Turbine, Sony EX510 are recommended and they all sound great with different genres music. If you can find used UETF10Pro, Klipsch Image X10 and they are amazing IEMs with detailed soundquality and deep punchy bass. The Etymotic HF5 are cold sounding but very detailed in mids with extended highs and has good bass response(offers more isolation due to deep insertion).

Mar 12, 2012 at 1:56 AM Post #4 of 14
Yes, The brainwavz M4 are pretty good, But the Klipsch are 300$ msrp.

Quote:
The Brainwavz M4, Turbine, Sony EX510 are recommended and they all sound great with different genres music. If you can find used UETF10Pro, Klipsch Image X10 and they are amazing IEMs with detailed soundquality and deep punchy bass. The Etymotic HF5 are cold sounding but very detailed in mids with extended highs and has good bass response(offers more isolation due to deep insertion).

Mar 12, 2012 at 1:56 AM Post #5 of 14
The Klipsch Image S4's sound pretty stellar with all Genres of music. The build quality sucks though

Mar 12, 2012 at 2:08 AM Post #6 of 14

Quote:
Yes, The brainwavz M4 are pretty good, But the Klipsch are 300$ msrp.

Quote:
The Klipsch Image S4's sound pretty stellar with all Genres of music. The build quality sucks though

The X10's price is at $150 from Amazon and many can be had for cheaper through eBay as a result of the $100 Black Friday sale. 

While I don't agree with your take on the S4 being good with all genres or even good value for that matter, sound is subjective so I won't argue that.

@3DGrace, remember to check out Joker's multi iem review thread here if you haven't already.

Mar 12, 2012 at 3:08 PM Post #7 of 14
I've been hearing the Klipsch Image X10 are really good. how readily are they available in stores like best buy or the apple store? I don't want to order anything online.

Mar 12, 2012 at 3:28 PM Post #8 of 14

Quote:
I've been hearing the Klipsch Image X10 are really good. how readily are they available in stores like best buy or the apple store? I don't want to order anything online.

I'm like you and like to buy things in store but I've yet to see anything above the Klipsch S3 or S4 in the local Best Buy or Apple Store.  Apple has more than I'd expected but they also only carry the mobile versions so if you might be looking for something that works with Android or don't need the mobile headset part, you're probably better off ordering online. 

Apr 5, 2012 at 10:03 PM Post #9 of 14
Well I went with the M4s but I had to end up returning them because they were damaged. I figured I would take this opportunity to get some more opinions on IEMs. I'm not looking to spend more than $100, and some of the ones listed above are above that price mark. I'm curious how the Turbines compare to the M4. Someone had mentioned those IEMs above.

Apr 6, 2012 at 1:06 AM Post #10 of 14
Vsonic GR06 is worth a look. Check out mark2410's review of them. They cost less than $70 i think. It is well regarded here in head-fi and offers great value sound for that price range. A good all-rounder and can handle most music genres. Worn-over the ears style so minimum/nil microphonics (cable sound). 

Apr 13, 2012 at 11:47 PM Post #13 of 14

Quote:
Anyone know?

Hi 3DGrace,

unfortunately i missed ur earlier post, I happened to own both vsonic gr06 and M4. Vsonic gr06 is mid centric, the opposite of M4 which has a slight v shape sound.

These are my subjective thoughts on the two IEMs, my music files are 320 kbps or FLAC:

The sound of Vsonic Gr06 is warm, intimate and fun, you feel the emotions of the song/music. Comparatively, M4 sounded distant and cold but not in a bad way, just doing what they are suppose to. Instrument separation, i think GR06 is slightly better. Certain tracks of Killers/Kings of Leon sounded congested to me with the M4. I wonder if the emphasis of mid bass/sub-bass of M4 that make the tracks sound bloated thus congested, or is it just my ears? GR06 handles most music genres well. I can't say the same abt M4 coz they are not suitable for indie folk or jazz/acid funk. As for Rock, Dubstep, Hip-hop, I suppose M4 would do fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back