Need help picking out a pair of headphones for heavy rock, hardcore, dubstep, rap, aka plenty of bass
Dec 5, 2013 at 12:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

MarkKirwann

New Head-Fier
So this is my first post to this site and I am hoping some of you could help me out!

I am shopping for myself this Christmas season and I decided to spend some time looking into a really nice set of headphones. I'm not going to waste any of your time by telling you I want to spend less than $200 because lets be honest, the quality we are all looking for cannot be found in such a price range. However, I would like to stay in between the $400-$500 (can be a bit flexible).

I do not have a preference on whether they are open or closed headphones, I am looking for the best quality I can get. I really enjoy heavier music such as hardcore, metal, dubstep, and even the occasional rap. So therefore they need to have some really good bass. So far I have been looking at the Ultrasone PRO 900 S-Logic Surround Sound Professional Headphones which come in at $400 and are popular for their bass. The only reason why I haven't capitalized on these already is that I was wondering from you guys if there are better headphones for what I'm looking for especially since these are closed headphones and I have read that having open ones can make a world of difference.

Overall, I'm fairly new to the audio world and really have no idea whats the best out there. Keep in mind....BASS.

Thank you everyone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back