Need help picking headphones for Schitt combo
Dec 19, 2015 at 10:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

GamingNut

New Head-Fier
Hi there.. Just purchased a Schitt Bifrost Multibit with Asgard 2 combo.. 

Of course -- My few years old HD650 just died out completely on one side. I can look into repairing it however this may be an opportunity for me to get something new.

I've reverted back to my trusty HD580's which I do really like but I wonder if this a 'good enough' set of cans with the schitt combo ? 

I'd appreciate some advice here.. I'm willing to drop some cash if the difference from my 580's is significant enough -- I'd like to try to stay under $1k for my headphones if possible. 

Whatever advice you can give would be appreciated.

Dec 19, 2015 at 11:18 AM Post #2 of 9
  Hi there.. Just purchased a Schitt Bifrost Multibit with Asgard 2 combo.. 

Of course -- My few years old HD650 just died out completely on one side. I can look into repairing it however this may be an opportunity for me to get something new.

I've reverted back to my trusty HD580's which I do really like but I wonder if this a 'good enough' set of cans with the schitt combo ? 

I'd appreciate some advice here.. I'm willing to drop some cash if the difference from my 580's is significant enough -- I'd like to try to stay under $1k for my headphones if possible. 

Whatever advice you can give would be appreciated.

Can you elaborate on your preferences?

Dec 19, 2015 at 11:30 AM Post #3 of 9
  Can you elaborate on your preferences?

Sorry.. I should have done that.. I tend to listen to a lot rock (not too heavy metal) and appreciate good accurate bass (I dont need my head to explode).

Something that fares well for some dance music would be great too.  Is this enough detail ?

Dec 19, 2015 at 12:34 PM Post #4 of 9
  Sorry.. I should have done that.. I tend to listen to a lot rock (not too heavy metal) and appreciate good accurate bass (I dont need my head to explode).

Something that fares well for some dance music would be great too.  Is this enough detail ?

You should consider the Hifiman HE560
A tad more clear/detailed than HD580 with more extended and layered bass response.

Dec 19, 2015 at 5:16 PM Post #6 of 9
Does the thing you spend your budget on absolutely have to be for your Schiit amp? Because in my opinion, STAX electrostats have higher sound quality than any headphone you could use on your normal amp.

You should consider the Hifiman HE560i
A tad more clear/detailed than HD580 with more extended and layered bass response.

There's an HE560i now?
eek.gif
*goes to Google* Looks like that was just a typo. Still just one version: HE560.

Dec 19, 2015 at 6:10 PM Post #7 of 9
  Does the thing you spend your budget on absolutely have to be for your Schiit amp? Because in my opinion, STAX electrostats have higher sound quality than any headphone you could use on your normal amp.

There's an HE560i now?
eek.gif
*goes to Google* Looks like that was just a typo. Still just one version: HE560.

Haha. my bad!
I wrote HE400i first, then changed the number.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back