Need help picking CD's for my folks..
Oct 28, 2002 at 2:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

erix

500+ Head-Fier
Dig it,

My dad likes Sarah Brightman - has a few of her CD's along with a few from the blind guy, Bolicelli(?) - what can I get him that's fantastic?

I've never heard any of them so I don't know what they're like - opera?

Opera Lite?

I was thinking the new Nora Jones but I need some backups. Besides Diana Krall, I have no clue about any of the current crop of talented female vocalists.

My mom is a different story - she listens to MOR radio on the way to and from work and little else. I think she likes country music too, when nobody's watching.

Can anyone help me out with some suggestions?

Thanx,
erix

Oct 28, 2002 at 5:22 AM Post #3 of 4
Patricia Barber:

- Modern Cool
- Cafe Blue
- Nightclub
- Companion

Manhattan Transfer:

- Too many to name

Oct 28, 2002 at 1:58 PM Post #4 of 4
Well, your dad obviously likes artists with beautiful voices. Some fantastic artists and albums you may want to try are:

Eva Cassidy Live at Blues Alley. Eva's great because, well, her voice is one of the most beautiful female voices around. Also, she covers well known tunes -- you know, the tunes that your dad can sing along with.

Diana Krall All for You: Dedication to Nat King Cole. Again, another beautiful voice -- more on the subtle jazzy tip, and the bonus is, again, more familiar tunes. Not sure how old your pop is, but most people 40+ know more than a few Nat King Cole songs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back