Need help picking between two DAP
Mar 7, 2017 at 4:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Random4004

New Head-Fier
Pioneer XDP-100R  vs FiiO X3 Second Generation, the pioneer is super expensive for me but it also support spotify so no need to pay for individual songs, the fiio on the other hand i need to pay per song but the initial purchase is cheaper it also from the looks of it look smaller thats a big +, any thoughts?

Mar 7, 2017 at 9:52 PM Post #2 of 4
  Pioneer XDP-100R  vs FiiO X3 Second Generation, the pioneer is super expensive for me but it also support spotify so no need to pay for individual songs, the fiio on the other hand i need to pay per song but the initial purchase is cheaper it also from the looks of it look smaller thats a big +, any thoughts?

There's a little more to it than just wifi support, initial cost and physical size.

What headphones are you driving? Are they easy or hard to drive? Do you want all the other features of an Android device, or do you just want simplicity with a few buttons? How concerned are you about battery life? Will you eventually be getting music, so do you need memory card capability? If so, how big of a memory card do you anticipate needing?

Answer these questions, and any more that you can think of. Then, match a list of DAPs with their features and cost to your wants and needs. Of course, that's all easy enough to say, so if you have any more questions, ask.

Mar 7, 2017 at 10:33 PM Post #3 of 4
What made you narrow the competition down to these two rather different devices in the first place?
This info could be of help to guide you towards the things that really are important to you in a DAP...
....aaand I´m just curious
cool.gif

Mar 7, 2017 at 10:37 PM Post #4 of 4
Maybe you can consider Fiio X5 3rd gen, since it is cheaper than pioneer and feedback from user who manage to get their hands on it is quite good. The cons could be stock availability since is quite new.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back