Need help picking an amp for my new headphones
May 7, 2013 at 1:05 PM Post #31 of 46
Quote:

biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif

biggrin.gif

May 7, 2013 at 10:20 PM Post #32 of 46
Quote:
You might want to look into the C&C BH Amp, under $100 on eBay and gets some high praise around here, also 4 weeks between charges some are getting. Smaller than an E11 and no hiss as a lot of the users use it with sensitive IEM's. 300mW of output so it has a ton of power too.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the recommendation. In a word, is sound quality better than fiio E6? One review says it is darker, another says it's warmer. 

May 7, 2013 at 10:29 PM Post #33 of 46
im very interested in that c&c bh amp hmm they also said they have a different one that is cheaper i wonder how that one sounds.  Also what would it compare to the fiio e12 as it is not really that much more money for the e12.

May 7, 2013 at 10:44 PM Post #34 of 46
Quote:
Thanks for the recommendation. In a word, is sound quality better than fiio E6? One review says it is darker, another says it's warmer. 

Sorry never heard the E6

Quote:
im very interested in that c&c bh amp hmm they also said they have a different one that is cheaper i wonder how that one sounds.  Also what would it compare to the fiio e12 as it is not really that much more money for the e12.

Great Review:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/649174/review-fiio-e12-comparison-to-c-c-bh-jds-labs-o2-jds-labs-c421

May 8, 2013 at 1:06 AM Post #35 of 46
The E12 sounds like a winner, both in performance and value. 

None of my headphones costs over $50 ironically, but I will welcome the E12 with open arms. 

My E6 is a fantastic performer also. 

May 8, 2013 at 2:11 AM Post #36 of 46
Quote:
I'd wait for the X3, it will be a lot more functional than your current iPod, more formats, better sound, uSD card... Better choice.

It's supposed to sell for between $150 and $180, which is pretty remarkable. I think I will buy it, period. Isn't this player using the equivalent of an E12 amp anyway?

May 8, 2013 at 7:04 AM Post #37 of 46
No it's basically an E17 with DAP functionality... I'm looking forward to getting one, there is an X5 on the horizon as well but said to be double the price of the X3 and I don't know any specs for it.

May 8, 2013 at 11:26 AM Post #38 of 46
well i rockboxed my ipod 5th gen last night and recieved my headphones today and wow do they sound good.  Might just listen to them for a while while i decide what to do.  Im either going to get the fiio x3 or get either the fiioe12 or the c&c BH unless someone has some better input for me.  Like which would be best for the headphones i bought which are the brainwavz hm5.

May 8, 2013 at 11:39 AM Post #39 of 46
I recommend going back to that link TrollDragon gave you and read all the pages (not just the first post) doing so should give you a better idea what to choose

May 8, 2013 at 12:09 PM Post #41 of 46
No it's basically an E17 with DAP functionality... I'm looking forward to getting one, there is an X5 on the horizon as well but said to be double the price of the X3 and I don't know any specs for it.

No. No. No. It's a DAP with the E17 built in :wink:

I'm anxiously waiting to buy one too. Looks awesome :D

I think it could be a good choice just to wait for the X3. But I can second the C&C BH recommendations. Great little portable amp.

May 9, 2013 at 12:08 AM Post #42 of 46
Wow, so the E17 is not only an amp, it's a DAC. And the X3 adds full music player functionality, at a miniscule markup. I'll have to check on storage, but so far, sounding like an amazing value. 

May 10, 2013 at 1:11 AM Post #43 of 46
Ya im thinking about waiting for the x3 myself now.  i have been listening to my headphones and love them but they could use a little bit of help in the bass department so i might just get an amp now if i can find one that will help the bass out on them.

May 11, 2013 at 8:53 PM Post #44 of 46
Quote:
No. No. No. It's a DAP with the E17 built in
wink.gif

I'm anxiously waiting to buy one too. Looks awesome
biggrin.gif

I think it could be a good choice just to wait for the X3. But I can second the C&C BH recommendations. Great little portable amp.

The C&C is supposed to be a big improvement over a Fiio E11. Does anyone agree?

I like my E6 a lot, but I find it can tip the scales ever so slightly into the 'too bright' range with some headphones which already have a treble emphasis.

May 11, 2013 at 9:55 PM Post #45 of 46
Wow, so the E17 is not only an amp, it's a DAC. And the X3 adds full music player functionality, at a miniscule markup. I'll have to check on storage, but so far, sounding like an amazing value. 

It has a DAC to decode the music on the player, but I don't think it's setup to let you use it as an external DAC. But it's supposed to have the headphone amp of the E17 in it. That makes for a nice mp3 player :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back