Need help picking an amp for my new headphones
May 5, 2013 at 5:29 PM Post #16 of 46
The E11 will not work while charging, just something to keep in mind.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

May 5, 2013 at 9:54 PM Post #17 of 46
Quote:
Thanks for the info i will be listening a lot before i make the purchase im not in any big hurry to get anything.  I would like to know if something like the fiio x3 when it comes out would be better money spent since it will have everything built in.
I also like the idea of the cmoy amp but im not a fan of the case it comes in.

Who knows?
IME you've got to wait for the reviews - at least one.
Meantime, you can consider the present options.

As for the cMoy, yes, the case can be off-putting for some people.
The amp sounds really good, though.

I haven't heard the E6 so I can't comment on its sound.

May 5, 2013 at 10:49 PM Post #18 of 46
Quote:
The E11 will not work while charging, just something to keep in mind.

Is there significantly less hiss at high volumes with the E11 as opposed to E6?

Also, does it make any differences in sound quality if I raise the volume on the amp as opposed to the player?

May 6, 2013 at 11:45 AM Post #20 of 46
Quote:
Is there significantly less hiss at high volumes with the E11 as opposed to E6?

Also, does it make any differences in sound quality if I raise the volume on the amp as opposed to the player?

I have never heard an E6 but in the Sub $100 Amp shootout ClieOS says that the E11 is slightly hissy...

Quote:ClieOS
Hissing: ●●●◎○ (Slightly hissy)

Your player should be at next to full volume and adjust the E6's volume instead. I always run my plaver's around 90% of full volume. Rockbox on my Clip+ the volume was set to 0db and 35/40 on my Colorfly C3. This will give you the best results.
beerchug.gif

May 6, 2013 at 11:48 AM Post #21 of 46
Quote:
What other daps out there have a built in amp as i thinki i might be going that way or raising my budget to get the e17 or something similiar.

E17 is a DAC and Amp only no DAP function.

You want to wait for the X3 to get all that bundled up in one package.
Here is ClieOS's review of it.

beerchug.gif

May 6, 2013 at 12:21 PM Post #22 of 46
Quote:
I have never heard an E6 but in the Sub $100 Amp shootout ClieOS says that the E11 is slightly hissy...

Your player should be at next to full volume and adjust the E6's volume instead. I always run my plaver's around 90% of full volume. Rockbox on my Clip+ the volume was set to 0db and 35/40 on my Colorfly C3. This will give you the best results.
beerchug.gif

Thanks. 

May 7, 2013 at 5:32 AM Post #24 of 46
Quote:

beerchug.gif

Thanks. This is great information! I've tried the volume tip and it works quite well. :)

Too bad about the E11; I'd have to spend about $150 to get the 'reference' amp (in those two roundups). Not sure if I'm willing to spend that much and I am really enjoying the E6 so I may stick with fiio anyway. 

May 7, 2013 at 6:49 AM Post #25 of 46
You might want to look into the C&C BH Amp, under $100 on eBay and gets some high praise around here, also 4 weeks between charges some are getting. Smaller than an E11 and no hiss as a lot of the users use it with sensitive IEM's. 300mW of output so it has a ton of power too.

May 7, 2013 at 10:52 AM Post #26 of 46
Is ebay the only place to get it im not always into buying on ebay.  Also i couldn't find any threads on it either.  It does look interesting though and if its good i would definitely put it on the list.

May 7, 2013 at 11:10 AM Post #27 of 46
Quote:
Is ebay the only place to get it im not always into buying on ebay.  Also i couldn't find any threads on it either.  It does look interesting though and if its good i would definitely put it on the list.

Yeah it comes out of China so eBay is the only place, all the people on the C&C thread bought from this seller and didn't have any problems. C&C BH Portable Headphone AMP
I haven't picked up the one yet but I am looking too very soon.

Here is the thread on the C&C BH Amp.
beerchug.gif

May 7, 2013 at 11:54 AM Post #29 of 46

Users who are viewing this thread

Back