Need Help Picking a Sound Card or USB Amp
Dec 12, 2011 at 2:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

FreedomG

100+ Head-Fier
I need something to power my Q701's, I just picked them up. I hear static when on some things, I'm sure this is an amp problem, if not please tell me o.O.. But anyways, I just want a sound card or USB amp or whatever to power these so I can game better and listen to music better..

I'm hoping to stay cheap, but if its really worthit getting a 200 dollar amp, I guess I can save up. Thank you!

Dec 12, 2011 at 4:56 AM Post #2 of 3

Quote:
I need something to power my Q701's, I just picked them up. I hear static when on some things, I'm sure this is an amp problem, if not please tell me o.O.. But anyways, I just want a sound card or USB amp or whatever to power these so I can game better and listen to music better..
I'm hoping to stay cheap, but if its really worthit getting a 200 dollar amp, I guess I can save up. Thank you!

AKG Q701 are 62-Ohm
I'm assuming you plug them into the computer's built in sound card?

Asus Xonar DG, PCI, $30, comes with a built in headphone amplifier rated up to 150-Ohms.
Comes with Dolby Headphone, great for movies and might help with some games.

Fiio E10 USB/DAC/Headphone amplifier, will improve sound quality over built in sound.
Not sure if you will be able to do 5.1 surround sound gaming?

Dec 12, 2011 at 5:37 AM Post #3 of 3
I don't think the FiiO E10 will enable any gaming performance, but how did you find out the DG supports upto 150ohms? I couldn't find that anywhere, and that's really all I needed to know, thank you so much btw.

EDIT: Nevermind, dumb question, thank you! So if there is no headphone amp what's the highest impedence? Because I have a friend who can give me the Xonar DS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back