Need help picking a set of portable, mid range(150~), headphones for metal, rap, and a variety of genres
Dec 20, 2011 at 6:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

benbdc

New Head-Fier
Arg, I just typed a long post and then had my browser crash saving nothing, so I may shorten this one:

I am currently looking for an over/on ear set of headphones to replace my turbines.
I listen to rap, rock(metal such as trivium), electronic, a bit of dubstep, and a very small (but often enough as to need to list it) amount of pop.
I am specifically looking at the Audio Technica WS55's, the WS70's, and the V-Moda M/V80s
I need phones that are portable, and able to be used with an un-amped galaxy nexus.
Isolation doesn't matter that much though I would like it if I didn't have to share my music with those around me.
I don't want to spend more than 160, though I will if I absolutely have to (I know the V-Modas are more)

Can anyone offer some advice as to what to purchase?  Are the 70's worth $50 more than the 55's. Are the V-Modas worth ditching the Audio Technica's and breaking out of my price range (Currently the V80's are 180 on amazon which is actually cheaper than the m80's which are the same right?)  Is there another, even better pair of headphones in my price range that I should know about?

Thanks for any assistance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back