Need help picking a DAC + AMP in one.
Sep 20, 2016 at 5:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Random4004

New Head-Fier
Hi im new here and looking for someone willing to help me i need a DAC+AMP for a desktop PC i am a newb. iv'e read a bit but still not willing to make a purchase on my knowledge alone i've looked around and i found some DAC+AMP in one i like and i will list them here... i will mainly 99% of the time use it for headphones only so i dont need much extra connector except a 3,5mm jack or 6,3.

1. ​Onkyo A-9010
  2. Asus Xonar Essence STU (Seems like good value for the money!!!)
  3. Pro-Ject Head Box DS  (Seems like a good size but 20-20khz isnt that the lowest accaptable frequency for a dac and wont it maybe hinder a highend headphones?!? & how much can the built in Amp drive...)
  4. Marantz HD-DAC1 (Most expensive one im willing to pay for.. that i came across... but does the price justify the quality?)

Sep 20, 2016 at 5:28 PM Post #2 of 4
What headphones are you using ?

Sep 21, 2016 at 1:04 PM Post #4 of 4
The Chord Mojo was tuned based on the Nighthawk so they could be a perfect marriage if the form factor works for you.

In the affordable range I wouldn't consider anything other than Chord or Schiit (multibit) as they've really turned the value proposition upside down in the last 12 months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back