Need help picking a better fitting headphone
Jan 24, 2012 at 11:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

archer276

New Head-Fier
Thanks to stalking on these forums the last month or so I recently purchased a pair of Audio-Technica ATH-AD900.  I have no problems at all with the sound quality or the "wing" headband.  My problem with them is that the ear cups just are not deep enough to keep the driver off my ear.  I have a pair of Audio-Technica ATH-A900 that fit much better.  However, at home I am looking for an open design hence the AD900 purchase.  I am hoping someone can help me by suggesting an open, over the ear design that just has deeper ear cups than the AD900 at a similar price point and sound dynamic.

Jan 24, 2012 at 11:16 AM Post #2 of 3
I cannot comment on the sound as I have never heard the ATH-AD900, only the AD700, but Beyerdynamics have deep cups.  Denons do as well, but they are closed.  I don't remember the HD650 or the K-701 having shallow cups, but I sold them years ago.  It seems I have the same problem with the AD700.  

Edit:  Having never heard them (only the DT-770 and T1), I would suggest you look at DT-880.

Jan 25, 2012 at 8:56 AM Post #3 of 3
Thanks for the insight pyramid6.  I was looking at the HD598 but wasn't sure they were any bigger, may have to check out the HD650 like you suggest.  I will have to check out the Beyer line although that might have to lead me to an amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back