Need help ordering a nice wired headset.
Feb 27, 2006 at 2:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Euripides

Head-Fier
I am in the process of returning the Wireless Sennheiser RS-140 to Amazon.com. The sound was very dull and at night all three tuning channels would pick up interference.

So it looks I need to go corded to watch my TV since the wireless did not work out. What is a really nice headset that I could get for around $150-$180? It can be an open or closed set.

Thanks
Mike

Feb 27, 2006 at 2:56 AM Post #2 of 5
There are many headphones that would work for you. A good place to start looking is www.headphone.com. They have a lot of good information for a beginner.

Feb 27, 2006 at 3:14 AM Post #3 of 5
Thanks James63.....picking out a few models to research from there.

The Sennheiser HD 555 is the leader so far
eggosmile.gif

Feb 27, 2006 at 3:34 AM Post #4 of 5
if that's the direction you're heading and you want value for your money, check out the hd-580. it's sennheiser's classic audiophile headphone, and while not as cosmetically sexy (the case design isn't as new) as the 555, probably sounds better. admittedly, i haven't compared the two, but a quick forum search will probably reveal reviews from people who have. you should be able to find the hd-580 for about $135-150 new, try amazon. the 555 is a cheaper headphone in the line, and the 580 being the classic is often on sale for a fraction of its original retail.

one thing i will say about the sennheiser full-size headphones......... they sound good, are well-designed, are good value for the money and are very comfy.

Feb 27, 2006 at 5:07 PM Post #5 of 5
Thanks OceanEnthusiast for your reply. I noticed the 580's a little bit after I posted about the HD555.

You were not kidding about them not being cosmetically sexy but I want quality sound so the 580 looks like it will be the winner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back