Need Help on the Bass differences between Audio Technica M30x/40x/50x
Nov 4, 2014 at 2:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Enveous

New Head-Fier
Hey everyone

I've listened to the ATH m50x and they are amazing, I love everything about them. However, I don't have quite that much money. I've read that the bass in the m40x is a lot lower than the m50x, and since I wouldn't prefer to go any lower in bass than the m50x, how does the m30x compare in terms of bass and sound quality?

I don't want to get the m40x and have crap bass, but I also don't want to get the m30x and have muffled sounds or lacking quality or whatnot.

Nov 4, 2014 at 9:32 PM Post #3 of 9
Well unfortunately I"m studying over in the UK, and the M40x are cheaper than the M50 right now.

Also, everything is higher priced too so yeah, sucks.

I guess my question is, does the m30x give closer bass to the m50x than the m40x, or will the m30x's poorer quality make the m40x a better choice?

Nov 4, 2014 at 9:52 PM Post #4 of 9
If bass is the most important thing to you then consider getting a different brand.

If you like boosted bass then the m30x or m40x won't cut it. If you like bass when there's bass, and for it not to be exaggerated then the m40x will do well.

Nov 4, 2014 at 10:00 PM Post #5 of 9
If bass is the most important thing to you then consider getting a different brand.

If you like boosted bass then the m30x or m40x won't cut it. If you like bass when there's bass, and for it not to be exaggerated then the m40x will do well.

Well the thing is I love how the m50x sound, so I was hoping that maybe the m30x or m40x would come close, but I've heard that the bass in them isn't as much as the m50x. Honestly, I could go a little lower, but I don't want the bass to be almost nonexistant.

Nov 5, 2014 at 5:21 PM Post #9 of 9
I personally would save up money and buy the ATH-M50. You should be able to find them easily ~$120. I also think the bass on the M-50 doesnt hit as hard I would have wanted them to (I am a basshead) but it is definitely there, so I would think the m30/m40 won't have much bass and would not be worth the investment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back