Need help on repairing Etymotic ER6i
Sep 22, 2010 at 9:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

NoiseInDEar

New Head-Fier
Hi All,
  I'm a new member here (although I've been following this forum as a guest for sometime). I've a pair of Etymotic Research 6i IEMs. But off-late one of the earpieces stopped working. If I wriggle the wire then sometimes the sound comes back but goes off as it gets loose again. Seems like some kind of soldering went off and I want to get them repaired. But while I tried to find out a way to open the earpiece I couldn't see any way to open them without cutting/splicing the outer jacket. Have anyone here tried to fix such problems with these earphones? Is there an easier way to fix it or I need to just discard them totally? I liked these IEM's and they are not at all available over here in my country
" class="bbcode_smiley" height="" src="http://files.head-fi.org/images/smilies//frown.gif" title="
frown.gif
" width="" />
 Regards,

EDIT: Sorry for opening a new threading without searching. Just did a search and found a link on how to repair these phones. I'm feeling like an idiot to open a thread without even searching. Admins/moderators please delete this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back