Need Help on Portable first Rig Please
Mar 19, 2012 at 11:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Erikesp

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone, I am wanting to purchase my first portable rig and would like a little advise from those of you that would like to help a newbie.  My listening tastes are very varied from Angel Romero (Classical/flamenco Guitar) to Lil Wayne to Country, Rock , Jazz, folk, pop and a lot of other genres as well.  I recently pick up a pair of Senn. HD 25 Originals and some Grado PS500's and will probably add some higher end cans next month.  I am looking for a rig that is portable (doesn't need to be micro or even mini) but has exceptional sound quality and performance enough to push what ever cans I use.  Price is a consideration but not at the sacrifice of what I want out of this set up.  Thanks in advance for your anticipated advise.  

Regards, 

Erik

BTW source is iPod classic 120 gig for now.

Mar 20, 2012 at 1:47 PM Post #3 of 5
Either the iBasso D4 Mamba (stock opamps or Hiflight topkit) or D6 Fer-de-Lance will sound awesome with Grados, and they have a high gain setting also should you plan on using higher impedance cans in the future. The D4 on high gain mode effortlessly made my 250ohm Beyerdynamic DT 150 perform to its fullest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back