Need help on picking a pair of closed cans.
Jul 26, 2017 at 2:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Dmytro Gorobets

New Head-Fier
Hello, I'm new here but I really need help on making my choice, I'm buying blindly cus there is no way I can test these headphones somewhere.

I have HyperX cloud 2 (Takstar pro80) and I'm looking for a better sounding closed upgrade (mostly I want better mids and a bit less treble) in ~250€ Max. I'm thinking about:

Sennheiser momentum 2.0 (210€) // really looking into these

Meze 99 Neo(268€) // the price... auch

SoundMagic HP150 (150€)

Shure SRH840 (140€)

Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 (190€)

I'll be buying here https://www.amazon.es

Which one would be the best sounding upgrade for desktop use. I listen to a lot of slow electronic music with slow bass, chill instrumentall music with a lot of vocals and alternative/classic rock. All Opinions are more than welcome. Thanks

If you have nothing to say, at least vote here http://www.strawpoll.me/13540651

I'm From Europe so stuff like TH-X00 isn't an option

Jul 26, 2017 at 2:44 PM Post #3 of 8
I personally like the SoundMAGIC HP151 (over the HP150--better construction). It should meet your needs quite well.
Hey, are they new or something? I couldn't find many reviews about it and Frequency Response graphs. How are they in your knowledge and why you think they are superior than the others on the list. You can be short I don't want to waste your time :)

Jul 26, 2017 at 2:59 PM Post #4 of 8
Hey, are they new or something? I couldn't find many reviews about it and Frequency Response graphs. How are they in your knowledge and why you think they are superior than the others on the list. You can be short I don't want to waste your time :)
It's no problem at all. The HP151 is just a redesign of the HP150. There were some problems with the HP150 breaking on the gimbals. Those parts have been markedly thickened and reinforced to resist breakage. It was a good move. The HP151 really looks nice and I doubt seriously there will be any susceptibility too breakage on the gimbals now. So, that is it. Just a construction change.

Jul 26, 2017 at 3:08 PM Post #5 of 8
It's no problem at all. The HP151 is just a redesign of the HP150. There were some problems with the HP150 breaking on the gimbals. Those parts have been markedly thickened and reinforced to resist breakage. It was a good move. The HP151 really looks nice and I doubt seriously there will be any susceptibility too breakage on the gimbals now. So, that is it. Just a construction change.
Oh nice, so you think that hp150 are better than srh840? in terms of mids at least

Jul 26, 2017 at 8:59 PM Post #8 of 8
The HP 150's are very good for the price and I'm sure the 151's are as good. Don't know about the Neo's but have the Classics and they will bring the bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back