Need help on Indigo Echo DJ configuration
May 8, 2008 at 5:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

TheNew007

Banned
I have installed the 8.2 Vista drivers with WaveRT.
I have Selected 1/2 virtual output as the default in Windows
I have Set 1/2 as left and 2 as right in ASIO settings in foobar
When I try to play any sound using foobar or WMP, the progress bar RESETS to the beginning with no sound coming through. I have tried both outputs on the Echo with no success. Can anyone here who were in a similar predicament give me any suggestions?

May 8, 2008 at 5:08 PM Post #4 of 12
Higher Buffer size uses more battery on Portable Music players,
uses more Bandwidth while streaming, larger file size.

more buffer means more data is precached so higher Audio quality.

May 8, 2008 at 5:46 PM Post #5 of 12
Quote:

more buffer means more data is precached so higher Audio quality.

No, it has nothing to do with audio quality. You will just prevent some pops and clicks if the PC is struggling a bit.

May 8, 2008 at 9:41 PM Post #6 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheNew007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What's the drawback of setting the buffer size to a larger value?

A larger playback buffer means higher playback latency. This matters only if you're doing something realtime like DJing. Generally 10ms or less is desirable for realtime applications.

May 9, 2008 at 8:40 AM Post #7 of 12
For normal playback you can set it to the max values. This will get you more resistance to pops. It has nothing to do with power consumption.

Low settings are really targeted towards recording purposes when you record something and want to play it back in real time.

Cheers

Thomas

May 9, 2008 at 4:13 PM Post #8 of 12
here's another question, How do i lock the sampling rate? Sometimes it fluctuates between 44.1 and 96 when I want it to stay at 44.1. Btw I'm using the Indigo Echo Dj on Vista and for some reason there isn't a "lock sampling rate" option

May 11, 2008 at 5:17 AM Post #10 of 12
I am not sure I fully understand your problem. With ASIO it is the application that controls the sampling frequency. If you play a 44.1Khz song the sound card plays it at the rate and if you happen to have 96Khz material then it will play at that sample rate.

If you use standard Windows sound apis in Vista the situation is a bit more complex. There is a fixed smaple rate that is set in the sound control panel for the sound card. All audio palyback gets resampled to that rate before the bits hit the sound card.

If you see the rate flipping you might have set the rate in Vista to 96Khz and play back your material from foobar in the native rate.

I hope this is helpful.

Cheers

Thomas

May 17, 2008 at 10:40 AM Post #11 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheNew007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have installed the 8.2 Vista drivers with WaveRT.
I have Selected 1/2 virtual output as the default in Windows
I have Set 1/2 as left and 2 as right in ASIO settings in foobar
When I try to play any sound using foobar or WMP, the progress bar RESETS to the beginning with no sound coming through. I have tried both outputs on the Echo with no success. Can anyone here who were in a similar predicament give me any suggestions?

I'm having trouble with this too, how did you solve the problem?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back