Need help on high end headphone that does e magic
Sep 9, 2013 at 7:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

m3ow

New Head-Fier
Any recommand on e high end headphone wanted to invest on 1 of it which sound really tip top good? Or need an amp to push it to higher level?

Sep 9, 2013 at 8:01 PM Post #2 of 9
Any recommand on e high end headphone wanted to invest on 1 of it which sound really tip top good? Or need an amp to push it to higher level?

Heya,

Give a budget.
Give preference to features.
Give information on where you will be listening.
Give location, so we know where you're at and we can base this on availability and pricing for your country.

Very best,

Sep 9, 2013 at 8:34 PM Post #3 of 9

Heya,

Give a budget.
Give preference to features.
Give information on where you will be listening.
Give location, so we know where you're at and we can base this on availability and pricing for your country.

Very best,

Agree'd also 
What have you owned in the past and what did you like about it/ dislike 

Sep 9, 2013 at 9:14 PM Post #4 of 9
Owned Headphone : Beats Pro / Beats Studio / Beats In Tour
Owned Device : Ipod Classic 160Gb Iphone5 Htc Butterfly S (Beats Audio)
Owned Amp : ibasso d4 mamba usb-dac
Music listen to : Kpop / Chinese & English Song
Like & Dislike : I cant really tell mayb i like music which produce more rich in quality in sound and live sound.
So may i know where u guys get ur songs at whereby is high quality?
Any mp3 device which had really good spind card inside?
Recently saw 1 product Geek(usb power up) from kickstarter it claims that it had 128x more resolution den normal cd so is it for real?

Sep 9, 2013 at 9:35 PM Post #5 of 9
Owned Headphone : Beats Pro / Beats Studio / Beats In Tour
Owned Device : Ipod Classic 160Gb Iphone5 Htc Butterfly S (Beats Audio)
Owned Amp : ibasso d4 mamba usb-dac
Music listen to : Kpop / Chinese & English Song
Like & Dislike : I cant really tell mayb i like music which produce more rich in quality in sound and live sound.
So may i know where u guys get ur songs at whereby is high quality?
Any mp3 device which had really good spind card inside?
Recently saw 1 product Geek(usb power up) from kickstarter it claims that it had 128x more resolution den normal cd so is it for real?

That Geek USB I've not tried it but a Cd has 16bit sond and usually 44000 hrz sample? There is nothing with 128x resultion,

Singapore... there are LOTS of Chinnese headphone companies that apprently make really nice cans. I'll dig some up for ya

Lots and lots of beats, he likes Rich quality in sound and live sound. So maybe the a nice warm headphone with some good detail retentision [I enjoy live music too] 

Listens to a lot of Pop Music so your going to want a warm sound, lots of bass and nice mids. 

Oh he has an iBassoD4, I know iBasso makes rather powerful portable amps 

To start with your iBasso D4 is just fine for use with ur computer and your iPod and iPhone. Ignore the Geek USB, not worth the money

as for headphones, Mal know of any headphones with heavy bass and mids? Actually m3ow the Mad Dog might work for you. The bass is nice and deep, although maybe not as much as you'r accustom to, but it should be driven nice out of an iBasso Amp 

Also, where are you listening to music, at school? At work, on a bus, on a train. In your own house, also will you be listening in a noisy area? 

Sep 9, 2013 at 9:43 PM Post #6 of 9
Heya,

Here's something I know you probably won't get, but hey, you said you wanted hi-fi and it sounds like you want portability based on all the stuff you have tried.

Beyer T5P or Denon D7100
iBasso DX100

Or here's something more reasonable:

Denon D600 or AKG K550
Fiio X3

I like HDtracks.com for music.
I also just buy CD's from Amazon. Rip them using `Exact Audio Copy' to FLAC for digital playback.

Very best,

Sep 9, 2013 at 9:45 PM Post #7 of 9
V-moda M80/M100 or maybe some Ultrasones - HFI580/780

Sep 9, 2013 at 9:51 PM Post #8 of 9

Denon D600 or AKG K550
Fiio X3

I like HDtracks.com for music.
I also just buy CD's from Amazon. Rip them using `Exact Audio Copy' to FLAC for digital playback.

Very best,

I though of the AKG k550, but again coming from Beats, I doubt the AKG will meet your bass needs, but the vocals will be Very rich!  the X3 would be a great Music player to use as well, also I buying CDs and ripping is how I get music as well, you can also Buy Flacs from many online sites as well, and just download them already in lossless 

Actually I think you would really like the Audio Technica Ath w1000x, although I would not use it out side your home. It has a very rich bass and mid section, with a nice snappy treble! 

Sep 9, 2013 at 10:59 PM Post #9 of 9
Listen to music on e go / home / workplace.
Is this x3 refering to FiiO X3 WM8740 24Bit192K Lossless Music portable Player? Is this player good? Saw a acticle on it saying it had v good sound quality.
How abt those high end headphones Fostex / ultrasone / audeze / senheiser or others? Which perform live sound or sound quality best?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back